Sign in to follow this  
AZ402

No coues deer but......

That 1st one is amazing.

I have a handful of tadpoles in my daughters fish bowl right now that I grabbed out a trick tank. Funny thing is, they have been in there for 6 weeks and are not changing at all. I guess they don't want to be a frog.

Stan that first pictures is great...I take it the scouting didn't go so well?

Nice pics. Is that hawk a light faze juvenile red tail? Does anyone know. Maybe a Ferruginous(SP) or a Swainson's? When thaere young it's sometimes hard to tell from a pic.

D.B. If the tadpoles are from a native toad they might never morph! In the wild the water has to appreciably warm up and start drying out before they change. I've seen pools with tads in them that mophed within a few weeks, and I've seen others in large ephemeral streams that were there for a while.

I'm pretty confident it's a Ferruginous hawk. The feathers on the legs going all the way to the feet are unique only to a few hawks.

I have a Panasonic FZ5. When I can get steady it does a very good job. A lot of the time my vidoe camera is on the tripod, so it's hard to be completely still.

Cramer, the scouting didn't get so bad. I just didn't get any good lope pics, suckers were running. Are you going to the happy Jack shoot?

I'm pretty confident it's a Ferruginous hawk. The feathers on the legs going all the way to the feet are unique only to a few hawks.

I have a Panasonic FZ5. When I can get steady it does a very good job. A lot of the time my vidoe camera is on the tripod, so it's hard to be completely still.

Cramer, the scouting didn't get so bad. I just didn't get any good lope pics, suckers were running. Are you going to the happy Jack shoot?

Stan I won't be making it to any shoots for a while...too busy running around scouting and checking trail cams. It's a good time of year so I'm not complaining by any means. Should have some pictures before to long that are worth sharing.

Those are great pictures Jim, really clear and vivid!

Rut,

What camera are you using?

Great pics!!!

coues 7,

Thanks for the kind words, Nikon D200 with 200-400mm lens.....

Those pics are great Jim!! There seems to be a bunch of those little guys around this year.......

About time you quit being a "lurker" and show yourself on here Jimbo!! Those fox pics are great!!

Oh ya, Jim if you need a fancy avatar like mine let me know and I'll get you hooked up!