oldrdude

North facing hills versus east facing hills art dawn

Hunting 35B again. If I am glassing just at first light, is it better to glass on a north facing slope or a west facing slope. I've heard Coues don't like sunlight and will stay in shadows as long as possible. Have late Oct. hunt

GGG,

Here is an old thread that may help you. I may also suggest typing "slopes" in the search feature and you may get a good evening's worth of reading ;)

http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/in...3&hl=slopes

AzP&Y

Drop a big one!

I helped my Uncle in law on the same hunt you have last year and the bucks I glassed up for him were

found on a west facing slope at the head of a steep canyon at 9:00 a.m. Some small bucks we found on opening morning

were on an south and east facing slope at 7-8:00 a.m?

One of the best Coues deer hunters, taxidermist and inventer of the moses stick, was the late John Doyle. He said "get up high and look low. " John ment by that, I think, is that the big boys are lazy and will travel the low road which is usually thicker cover. Now in Dec we are close to the rut, then they will have other things on their minds and be found in more visible areas. This is a good post to get everyone juices flowing. :P

One of the best Coues deer hunters, taxidermist and inventer of the moses stick, was the late John Doyle. He said "get up high and look low. " John ment by that, I think, is that the big boys are lazy and will travel the low road which is usually thicker cover. Now in Dec we are close to the rut, then they will have other things on their minds and be found in more visible areas. This is a good post to get everyone juices flowing. :P

Agree with this one for sure!