Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Spending time in a tree stand ?

That is how I've been hunting the past several years and Steven is right. Falling from a chair doesn't hurt nearly as much as falling from a tree, right Game Hauler? :P

TJ

heck I only made it half way up :(

Falling out of a tree does not hurt :unsure:

It's the sudden stop at the bottom :angry:

:P

The benefits I like most about treestands are the fact that you have an elevated position that allows a better field of view & you're above an animals line of sight. I've yet to have one look up at me, although I don't doubt that experienced deer scan everywhere for danger. Plus, as stated, it's just fun to climb trees.

Since I can't hang one on a saguaro, I will be giving the blinds a try this winter, but for the fall hunt it's all thick timber & treestands.

here's the deal Tree stands are good but double bull blinds are better. In january I had 13 cliants harvest coues deer out of double bull blinds. the key is to make them scent free go buy one and take it out somewhere near the spot you are going to be hunting , pop it up and let it sit a week, then go and place it near the area the buck it comeing to try to put it down wind at least 20 yards. when you decide you are going to hunt it where scent free clothing and spray your self down with scent away. then when you get in the blind spraw the whole inside with scent away. now the last think get some natural scunk scent and place no more then two drops out side the blind, then its a waiting game. make sure yiou have the blind up at least a week before you hunt to give the deer a chance to get used to it. In most cases if you brsh it in good they wont even pay atention to it. the advantage to these blinds is they hold in most of your scent. try it and you'll never climb a tree again!!!!!!!

13 coues in one month! :o ....let's see some pictures.

Well Wardsoutfitters if they ain't goin to do it I will. They called you out and you backed it up. Sweet!Different strokes for different folks. Congrats on some nice coues.