Sign in to follow this  
azhuntnut

Magnus Snuffer SS

Has anybody had any first hand experience using the Magnus Snuffer SS broadhead? What type of bloodtrail did it leave? I had my mind made up to use the Stinger four blade again this year on my elk hunt, but I have been reading about bad blood trails with this head. My last elk only ran about fourty yards, so I didn't need to trail it. The arrow was still stuck in the elk, so no blood came out at all. It did an awesome job on the internals, but I am just afraid if I make a marginal shot I might not have a good blood trail. David

http://www.magnusbroadheads.com/snufferss.html

I shoot the 2 blade magnus and have excellant blood trails. If you have a marginal hit the blood trail is going to be marginal at best no matter what head your using. Marginal means you probally hit something that doesn't bleed well anyway.

I used one on my archery buck this past Jan at 70 yards, you can see the article and buck under my profile, and you can click on the link in the article for AZOD where I have a picture of the arrow and broadhead. If you're wondering about the bent broadhead, I shot slightly quartered away and uphill so it stuck in bone on the exit side, and the broadhead was bent a little due to the weight of the buck and dragging him. It performed great for me, and they shot very close to my field points at long ranges. I've found them similar to G5 Montec in performance and also close to Wac'ems. Those broadheads are my top 3 choices.

I would agree with the others a marginal hit with any broadhead is going to leave a marginal blood trail. I have shot two bulls with the snuffers and one was a complete pass through at fifty yards and the other was a 20yd quarting away and stopped in the brisket. Both elk died immediately with great blood trails.

I would agree with the others a marginal hit with any broadhead is going to leave a marginal blood trail. I have shot two bulls with the snuffers and one was a complete pass through at fifty yards and the other was a 20yd quarting away and stopped in the brisket. Both elk died immediately with great blood trails.

Dang Trophymaster you have been a member for a long time to only have 7 posts. :o :o

Well I am going to get some Snuffer SS's and the Stinger Buzzcut and give them a test run. I have read that the buzzcuts fly just like the stingers, but leave more blood. I am going to test them some elk meat and see what happens. David