chewy15

who is excited for deer already?

Probably the 12a west early then the archery hunt I want a tag not willing to wait forever for the late hunts though they are a blast if you live down south and have a chance at a left over coues hunt.

Hey Chewy,

I am pretty sure this is the same buck as the one in your third picture in your 2nd post. This one pictured below was shot during the early rifle last season.

Anyway, thank you for sharing your pictures of some Kaibab bucks, Its impossible to get tired of them.

post-14481-0-14137600-1461275565_thumb.png

• Like 1

That very well could be him. Congrats on the buck!!! My father in law was unable to take a shot at him with his long bow. The closest we got to him was 42 yards

It sure looks like him, mainly because its a pretty rare deer with both main beams turning down like that.

And just to clarify, I didn't take him, I got to do a little hunting with the guy that did, good deserving dude, shot him on the opener. Ide post more pictures of him but he isn't mine so ill respect that. Both of your pictures and mine doesn't show the real indicator whether it is the same buck or not. He had double eyeguards on his right antler, but you wouldn't be able to tell from the picture I posted because it is just right behind the other one. If you saw double eyeguards on his right, then ide wager its the same buck.

I had the rifle tag last season, I put in 9 days of scouting on three different trips, and shot my buck solo on my seventh day of hunting. I saw some good bucks scouting, but never saw the giant that I kind of knew I would never find, but secretly hoped to.

Here is my buck

post-14481-0-71792800-1461299015_thumb.jpg

post-14481-0-02294400-1461299031_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Your buck is a very solid buck!!! The Giants are few and far between even on the Kaibab. Thanks far sharing your pics. The buck did have a double eye guard as well. Did the game and fish guys give you an age on the buck? I was guessing he was 3 maybe 4

Both bucks were aged at 3-5 years old. The check station biologists didn't give either of us a solid age of what they though the deer would be, they just said the deer were basically in that range.

And thank you, I was very happy with the buck I took. I had visions of seeing some bigger ones, but getting my butt handed to me scouting that many days and hunting that many days straight, I was more than happy to take this deer.

Ill be lookin' to try and draw an Archery tag this year.

Regs are out and the Kaibab has 75 less archery tags in it then it did last year!!! If they keep this up The next several years we will start seeing a lot more tropheys killed with stick and string up there

I like the decrease as well hope they take my recommendation one day and lower tags in the early archery hunt and open up a late rut archery tag after the late rifle hunt with very low tag numbers that way us archers get a chance to chase the Bucks while they are stupid without having to try to do it during a rifle hunt

Another increase in my home units. That's up 125 tags in the last 4 years that I've been paying attention.

Dreaming of the FUZZ!

I just got back from there turkey hunting, didn't see any turkeys but as usual saw a ton of deer. I love the Kaibab and hope to draw into a early rifle hunt before I am too old to do it.

No elk tag = automatically excited to start chasing muley bucks with my bow!

Its my only go to hunt! Can't wait!