Bucks_N_Yotes

Calling Coyotes while Scouting??

I was wondering if any of you call coyotes after or while your scouting? I have called in alot of deer while hunting for yotes and bobcats. I have been out scouting for deer and get the itch to call a few yotes while I am glassing, just to see if they are around. I am a firm beleiver in predar management and have seen what it can do in different areas that I have been working on.

Do you hunt predators in between your morning and afternoon hunts, or do you just lay back at camp?

While scouting 6a saturday morning dad and i tried calling for just that reason...to try and keep the coyote population down and maybe jump a buck or two. Had no luck either way.

I do not shoot at anything while deer hunting except a nice buck or a lion. If a yote is close enough for me to hit it with my handgun then i will shoot it while scouting but other than that i do not pack a rifle during scouting trips.

I do not shoot at anything while deer hunting except a nice buck or a lion. If a yote is close enough for me to hit it with my handgun then i will shoot it while scouting but other than that i do not pack a rifle during scouting trips.

Ditto

I triple that. I have taken a couple of yotes on a rifle deer hunt though. I enjoyed the heck out of myself in 36b last year glassin them up moving in and around a water hole and slappin one of em at 158 yards with the 7mm. swear he almost did a flip LOL!!!

If a coyote will come within easy rifle range hes dead. last year i came around t the corner on my quad to see two bedded on the ridge 270 yards away... once i got off the quad and my scope un covered and on em they toped over!