Sign in to follow this  
Foundry Man

Questions on Binocular

Jason,

I looked through a pair about 10 years ago on a sheep hunt. Like Brian, I was not impressed with the resolution and contrast. Perhaps they have improved, but the price may be the hint.

Doug~RR

not only does the clarity suck, those things are HEAVY, you are too fat and out of shape to lug those puppies up and down the burros. Trade in that Zeiss spotting scope and get some REAL binoculars!!!! :lol: AG

I have a pair and I would say that I like them. They are huge and a pain to carry around but the 20 power is very nice. I can understand why people say that the clarity sucks in them, but I would argue that the clarity is actually very good just that they are very difficult to focus. Most people who take a quick look through them don't like them because they aren't focused. I had a little trouble at first but now it is very easy for me to find that point where they are crisp and clear.

I would say that for the mid-low priced high powered bino that they are very good but I would save your money for the 15x56 swaros. I will eventually replace mine with those. I bought my 20s right after I started college and knew that there was no way that I could afford the swaros until I was well out of college. Good luck with whatever binos you choose.

AG- Dude you are going to hurt my feelings! Do you think I need to get off my diet of Krispy Kremes and Pepsi? :P as far a my scope goes, if I could pro-create with it, I would!!! ;) >>Jason