Sign in to follow this  
bvanetten

Help with Older PSE Vengeance Bow

Oldest boy has a 2005 PSE Vengeance. We just noticed one of the limbs cracking. Called PSE and they don't have any replacement limbs available anymore.

So I'm on the lookout for limbs or a used bow for parts. It's a good shooting bow, would hate to have to send it out to pasture. Plus it's setup for the boys condor like wingspan, he has a 31 inch draw.

Limb number is 882

Deflection number is 32

Anyone have a line on limbs or a bow? He got picked for early archery bull 5BN and this is stopping his practicing.

To be honest you are most likely not going to find any limbs for an 11 yo bow. Bows are expensive but if you get one now he will have time to tune it and get used to it before the hunt.

If you finds limbs down the road then you are golden but I wouldn't wait too long.

Google is your friend.

There's a full bow on eBay right now. If limbs are good, that would be an option.

Barnsdale Archery makes limbs for several bows, might be worth a call.

If you're the original owner, contact PSE warranty dept and see if they will give you a discount on a new bow.

Also, this thread is the 7th thing when you google this.

Yeah, I've heard of Google...

Worked with PSE this morning. They don't have any limbs left that will fit. They did help track down several large distributors across the country that have older limbs in stock. I called them all and none have my limbs. PSE told me that this bow didn't share many components with other bows in their lineup and was only sold for two years, limbs are scarce. I'm not the original owner so warranty discount isn't an option.

Actually there are two Vengeance bows on ebay, a 2005 starting at $170 and a 2006 at $500 (crazy). The guy selling the $500 one is smoking crack. And I'd be into the other one for $200 plus out the door. These bows are worth $150 bare at best (that is what I paid for this one on this site a year ago).

Like I said, it's worth a shot trying to find limbs but spending much over $100 on this bow doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

• Like 2

Sorry, had a few scotch's last night. I didn't even see the $500 listing. That's crazy. But the other one has been relisted over and over again. I think I went through 5 listings from the one I found first. Don't remember what components he has on there, but thought you could sell them to help offset the cost. Or talk to him and make an offer. Worst they can say is no. Everything I read last night on the vengeance was in reference to cracked limbs. AT is full of threads on them. Barnsdale is running over $150 for limbs now, so I think your best bet would be to just find a new bow. If your looking for a deal, I've snagged two good bows from Cabelas bargain cave for not much more.

When an ebay price is too high (like this).. shoot the guy an email and say..." If you drop the price to ______ I'll buy it. I've made many purchases that way! Just make sure you both communicate when the price will change, so someone else doesn't beat you to it!