Buckhunter

Ground blind hunting?

Depends on how easy it is to brush in.......if you put it up the day before the hunt, you better brush it in real well......especially the top.

I would say a minimum of 25 yards and not near a trail.

I put 2 ground blinds in about 35 and 40 yards to play the wind. Thanks

HEY BUCKHUNTER I KNOW WHERE THIS AREA IS. JUST LETING YOU KNOW NOT TO PUT A BLIND UP TOO EARLY I HAD ONE UP IN THE AREA AND CAME BACK A WEEK LATER AND ONE OF THE BEARS IN THIS AREA HAD HIS WAY WITH IT. THANKFULLY IT WAS A CHEAPY I HAVE ALSO HAD THEM RUIN A COUPLE OF MY CAMS. JUST A HEADS UP.

Bucks can be really skiddish around water.... I agree with about 25-30 yds.... any more than that and you might have one jump the string.... I've seen it happen.

I was thinking about 30 yards also but ya gotta pattern the wind and only sit that stand when it is like is supposed to be... in ur face and the opposite way of the direction that the bucks come in.

All i can tell ya is, no matter how far away you put it you better wait until they have their nose buried in the water before you draw to shoot--any little sound or movement before or after that will send them hauling the proverbial butt away from you. When they are slurping they can't hear as well.