firstcoueswas80

Leupold TBC range finders

I have heard the RX-II's are impossible to get set up unless you are a computer wizzard.

I m very interested in these as i like the fact of not having to think about the angle of the dangle. anybody have any experience?

thanks!

Casey

Lance on this site has one. I played around with it. Not sure if I ever actually saw the compensator work. I will say that it wasn't the most user friendly though. I guess I'm not as bright as the Leupold rep thought I was. I've been known to fool someone now and again.....

I've got an engineer buddy who has WAY TOO much time on his hands and he bought one just to prove that they aren't 100% accurate! He did just that, called Leupold, talked to a bigwig down there and told them what he found and they said they were aware of the problem and were working on it. I can't remember the exact problem but he told me to stay away from that product. JIM>

I'll get the specifics if anyone is interested ;)

Of course i want to know! tell perky thanks! guess ill just go with a used leica 900!!! Still havent gotten mine from Ajo, anyone heard from him? Him and I were supposed to go scouting tomorrow but havent heard from him in like 2 weeks.

Of course i want to know! tell perky thanks! guess ill just go with a used leica 900!!! Still havent gotten mine from Ajo, anyone heard from him? Him and I were supposed to go scouting tomorrow but havent heard from him in like 2 weeks.

Bushnell now has the ARC in the Scout model. I bought one of the first ones and like it so far, but have done limited testing.

Good Luck

Dan

I've got an engineer buddy who has WAY TOO much time on his hands and he bought one just to prove that they aren't 100% accurate! He did just that, called Leupold, talked to a bigwig down there and told them what he found and they said they were aware of the problem and were working on it. I can't remember the exact problem but he told me to stay away from that product. JIM>

I'll get the specifics if anyone is interested ;)

I'd like to know I have a brand new one that I have only used once or twice.... heck, I didn't even realize that you had to set it up, yourself!!??? :unsure: <_< :rolleyes: :angry:

I think they suck..........we have gone years without it...I dont think its even worth it. I just care about the yardage...none of this true ballistic range junk!

True. we do fine with out it if the shot is straight or at a small angle! however, if shooting at good size angle, the distance can be changed quite alot.

True. we do fine with out it if the shot is straight or at a small angle! however, if shooting at good size angle, the distance can be changed quite alot.

I think the rangefinder is geared mainly towards rifle...which at longer distances on steep slopes etc. I think it could possibly be helpful. For archery I think its a waist. They do not have alot of options to set it up for your bow unlike the rifle. From what the instructions say inside the box if you are at a 40 degree angle shooting at 40 yards there will be a 4 yard difference so the rangefinder will tell you to aim as if it were 36 yards...and for how my pins are setup...that four yard difference will put me off a couple of inches...I should still be in the kill zone.

Casey since you already spent the money on the Duovids I would go and buy any of the Leica Rf's/ i love them, I think they are great. The Lrf 900 dropped to $400 I believe and the 1200 is down to $500. The one I recommend is the CRF 1200...its a sweet rangefinder..it goes for $600. Its really compact and just like the other leica rf's the bright red read out is awesome....

by the way how much did you get for your Duovids...they dropped down to $2095 brand new

I think the rangefinder is geared mainly towards rifle...which at longer distances on steep slopes etc. I think it could possibly be helpful. For archery I think its a waist. They do not have alot of options to set it up for your bow unlike the rifle. From what the instructions say inside the box if you are at a 40 degree angle shooting at 40 yards there will be a 4 yard difference so the rangefinder will tell you to aim as if it were 36 yards...

Casey since you already spent the money on the Duovids I would go and buy any of the Leica Rf's/ i love them, I think they are great. The Lrf 900 dropped to $400 I believe and the 1200 is down to $500. The one I recommend is the CRF 1200...its a sweet rangefinder..it goes for $600. Its really compact and just like the other leica rf's the bright red read out is awesome....

by the way how much did you get for your Duovids...they dropped down to $2095 brand new

I think that tilt compansating range finders are far more important for archery than rifle..... especially in steep conditions...... ;)

I think the rangefinder is geared mainly towards rifle...which at longer distances on steep slopes etc. I think it could possibly be helpful. For archery I think its a waist. They do not have alot of options to set it up for your bow unlike the rifle. From what the instructions say inside the box if you are at a 40 degree angle shooting at 40 yards there will be a 4 yard difference so the rangefinder will tell you to aim as if it were 36 yards...

I think that tilt compansating range finders are far more important for archery than rifle..... especially in steep conditions...... ;)

I see your point...but I guess I was trying to say that they made the rf geared more towards rifle...they did not put a lot of effort into making it for archery. Look at the directions they have a bunch of stuff for rifle but one litte paragraph for the archery side. I can see it benefiting tree stand hunters just a little bit. but like I said for how my pins are setup ...that yard difference wont make a huge difference in shot placement

azryan..... I get ya... I bought an Optia Logic (sp?) for bow hunting and it works great! Really important whebn hunting in steep canyons or mountains if you have to take shots over 35-40 yds. ;)