Sign in to follow this  
devinv

went out to look around this weekend

saturday morning started off in 3B trying to possibly find a bear, didn't know the area at all, no luck. headed back to the truck and ended up in another area and decided to going glass and call for coyotes, no luck. saw a ton of antelope, about 45 in a few minutes. have a couple of pictures, the first one was by himself, then saw a group of the 3 small bucks. then saw 2 seperate heards of 15 to 20, both of which were running with nice bucks. but they were a couple miles off and couldnt get pictures of them. tried a new camera this time while taking pictures through the binocs, didnt work so well. also saw some antelope in different areas that arent typically 'lope units. still no coyotes all weekend, bummer.

post-1933-1188224069.jpg<br/>

post-1933-1188224078.jpg<br/>

post-1933-1188224085.jpg<br/>

post-1933-1188224092.jpg<br/>

and does anybody know what the heck this thing is? i saw a ton of them in a natural water pond..<br/>

post-1933-1188224184.jpg

<br/>

saturday evening went out to look for elk by the cabin, was about 2 miles back in from the highway, going up a semi steep slope with loose rocks, truck started sliding backwards, and ended up smashing into a fallen tree. dang 2wd tires were spinning couldnt get out, and it just had gotten dark. talk about frustrating. made the hike back the freeway to flag somebody down with the flashlight, luckily a father and son headed to eager to bowhunt stopped and pulled me out. im not sure if they frequent this site, but if they do, wanted to say thanks again! only damage from the tree was a dinged up tailgate. the tree was fine. haha

that's what i thought as well, i flipped it over and it looked like a horseshoe crab on the bottom as well, but it wouldn't pose on its back for a picture. i wasn't ware they could live in freshwater either.

Commonly called "tadpole shrimp." Saw lots of them in the ponds in southern Utah during an antelope hunt a few years ago. Pretty cool looking.

http://www.caver.net/shrimp.html

;) Cool, I've been wondering about those critters! Tons of them in the tanks up in Unit 9....