I got drawn for a november white tail hunt in unit 24B. I've never hunted there before and don't know much about it. Does anyone have any suggestions for that area?

theres a few deer there...gotta stay offf the roads and wear the rubber off your boots to find em' though

Try the Superstition wildnerness area, you'll get away from other hunters and locate more deer.

KP

there are plenty of deer in there....look on the game and fish website...gives you some good starting points.....I just have to ask.....

I can understand it a little bit but....why do people put in for units they have never stepped foot in or have some idea of where they might start...?

I just talk to too many people who do not even know what unit they are hunting in...they are like....I think its unit 14b???...

nohoch...I am not hounding you in any way ...

i do understand you are new and everything and have never hunted them before...just get out and do some hiking..you will learn the most watching these deer and getting first hand experiences with them...plus there is lots of great info on these deer on this here website

Start with game and fish website! It will help! Do you have binoculars? Save your shoe leather, hike some look more! I cover more ground with binoculars. 10 power is good but 12 to 15 is better for me. I used nikon 12 power when I started. Not rich then or now, but up graded to better when I could afford it. If I'am hunting or just glassing for a friend, it's just fun to do. We make it a social event when glassing. The family can do it, or just take one of your kids. They seem to find stuff, young eyes!!! Scout, scout, and scout some more. I have a tag for that unit also, late oct hunt.

there are plenty of deer in there....look on the game and fish website...gives you some good starting points.....I just have to ask.....

I can understand it a little bit but....why do people put in for units they have never stepped foot in or have some idea of where they might start...?

I just talk to too many people who do not even know what unit they are hunting in...they are like....I think its unit 14b???...

i do understand you are new and everything and have never hunted them before...just get out and do some hiking..you will learn the most watching these deer and getting first hand experiences with them...plus there is lots of great info on these deer on this here website

Hunting in a unit where I haven't gone before is a good question. Main answer is location. I was living down south and hunted down in 36 areas before because they were close where I lived and now I live in Mesa and I wanted to try and get somewhere closer so that I could get out and have more scouting opportunities and 24B is close to Mesa where I live.

hope they have fixed some of the roads for you they washed out after the big fire last year. The loop over the top from supirior to queen vally is still open but i only do it on my quads or a atv of some kind unless you have a jeep or something with a small wheel base. The loop the other direction over the top to oak flats was washed out in a real bad spot or two.

Hunting in a unit where I haven't gone before is a good question. Main answer is location. I was living down south and hunted down in 36 areas before because they were close where I lived and now I live in Mesa and I wanted to try and get somewhere closer so that I could get out and have more scouting opportunities and 24B is close to Mesa where I live.

I totally understand...thats why I like it it is close to home...I have the same hunt...preseason scouting is a must to be succsessful...try and make a trip in their a couple times a month.....pm if you want some more specifics

I have that exact same hunt along with like 8 other people that i know of. There are some big bucks in that unit but are hard to find during the early season. Just spend a lot of time glassing. Last year was my first time hunting that unit and we scouted hard before our hunt and we went 4 for 4. Was a fun and great hunt. Good Luck on yours!

eagle eye

Which hunt do you have? I have the late Oct hunt, same as last year. What a great unit for WT. What areas did you hunt? I hunt the wilderness.

Nohoch,

After you get out and do some personal get aquainted groundwork, shoot me a PM and once we compare notes, I will share some areas that I used to use that consistently produce good, (not great, but good) deer.

I will tell you now though, you better be ready to hike!