GRONG

Outdoor Life Network(OLN) Coues show

On Monday the 13th of Sept at 7PM there will be a show on OLN, called Guide to the Outdoors I think, that has a segment of the Coues hunt from this past January that they did with me. Should be some decent Coues footage on there I hope. The show is about how a lot of the hunts we all go on don't go the way we want or that we just didn't see anything worth launching a bullet or arrow at, therefore we choose to come home empty handed but had memorable hunt. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Looks like they're coming back this January to give it another try too so I'm looking forward to that as well.

Josh

Sounds neat Josh! Have to mark the calendar for that.

The prospect of coming home empty handed is not apealing to most of us but I would agree that the hunting experience itself is often rewarding enough by itself.

Bringing home memories won't feed you, but it can be fulfilling.

Josh,

Thanks for the heads up. I just looked at the on-screen guide and the show "Guide to the Outdoors" on OLN airs at 1PM, Arizona time(AZ iz not on daylight cavings time).

Doug/RedRabbit

so, how'd the show turn out? did josh get his buck? did jessica come out of the coma? did they figger out who the dad was? i was out elkin' all weekend.

According to the schedule, it should be aired 3 more times. The show is called "Here's Why It's Hunting."

http://www.olntv.com/showviewer.asp?sid=186

Watch out for the time zones.

Josh didn't get the buck, but then again the desert also had ponderosas. Jessica is still light headed, but the sun will rise another day.

Josh, can you give some more details about the hunt shown?

Doug/Red Rabbit

Edited by Red Rabbit

I just got back from hunting elk for the past 3 weeks. My wife said she waited for the show and it never came on. Oct 1st it's supposed to come back on. They're sending me copies of the show on DVD so I don't have to wait around for it to come on.

I don't even know what they're showing since I guess there is other parts to the show that don't pertain to our Coues hunt.

Who the crap is Jessica? I'm out of the loop.

Josh

I guess the show aired but I missed it. They're having reruns but you'll have to look for dates on that I guess. They sent me a DVD and a VHS tape of the show. It's pretty good I guess. Whenever I watch myself I look like a complete goon but that's the way I am I guess. Let's just hope that when they come back this coming January they'll be some deer blood involved.

Josh

Heck, Josh, if you're gonna be 'Deer Huntin' Bubba' on an outdoor show - you gotta look the part!

Good Job!

Mike

Hey Josh

I watched the program and I thought it kinda jumped around to darn much. The part you were on I thought was pretty good and you looked real professional. I know what you mean though about feeling like a dork! I felt that very way the first time I heard myself on our phone answering machine! I thought '' who the heck is that guy" then it hit me "oh its my sorry a_ _ . No really though, I really enjoyed the show and I would think the exposure can only help your guiding business. Good Luck this year Coues Addict

P.S. Show em more of your killer sheds!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys. When I watch it again I look and sound like a buffoon. Duh duh duh duh, that's what it sounds like to me. Anyway, maybe next year it'll be better.

Josh