Snapshot

NFL Superbowl prediction

I know who's not going to the Super Bowl, the Cardinals.

They can't get their heads in the game.

5 turnovers killed them.

Along with no first downs in the first 5 possessions

I know who's not going to the Super Bowl, the Cardinals.

They can't get their heads in the game.

5 turnovers killed them.

Along with no first downs in the first 5 possessions

I'm a die hard / season ticket holder dude... -3 yards the first half?? Bad play by the entire team from the coaching staff to special teams... If they lose to the Rams this Sunday then we can stick a fork in them.

Today's NFL power ranking. Top 3

RANK

NE.png

3-0 PATRIOTS

After a one-week absence, the Patriots are back atop these here Power Rankings. The slight doubts that I had about them at this time last week were put on the grill with the Jacoby Bris-ket. (I'll be here all week. And yes, I know you don't pronounce it that way.) It'd be impressive to win a prime-time game -- on a short week -- with your backup quarterback. But how about winning by four scores with your third-string QB against a playoff team? Come on. Those "Bill Belichick is the greatest head coach of all time" pronouncements don't sound too hyperbolic anymore, eh? Next up: Rex.

RANK

DEN.png

3-0 BRONCOS

Trevor Siemian -- take a bow, man. No team has impressed your hack writer more than the Broncos, particularly when it comes to the play they've gotten from this 2015 seventh-round pick. Like everyone else, I expected the defense to be phenomenal. (Minnesota, you've got a phenomenal unit, but I'm not taking the hot-take bait. Denver's D is still tops in this league.) On Sunday, Siemian was THE factor in the win. The bombs to Emmanuel Sanders and Demaryius Thomas made the highlight reels -- but to be honest, those were better plays (adjustments) by the receivers. I was more impressed by all of the small tasks Siemian performed throughout the day -- the kind of stuff that typically gets overlooked, but leads to wins. That said, 23 of 35 for 312 yards and four TDs is cherry.

RANK

MIN.png

3-0 VIKINGS

The Vikings continue to prove people -- including this Game Picks idiot -- wrong, winning with whoever suits up on game day. Sunday's triumph at Carolina belonged to Everson Griffen, Marcus Sherels, Andrew Sendejo, Eric Kendricks, Kyle Rudolph and Jeff Locke (that's the punter, folks). The defense sacked Cam Newton eight times, holding an offense that averaged over 31 points per game last year to 10. Kelvin Benjamin didn't catch a ball. Read that line again.