Sign in to follow this  
Couestracker

7W scouting trip

Hello everyone, I'm a nub to coueswhitetail and hunting AZ. I came across this thread with hopes of seeing how others have done. Been up scouting for Deer in 7w now 5 trips. Seen lots and lots of elk ranging from the cedars to upper pine areas on some of the bigger mountains. But very few Deer. I have seen sign, I am curious if they are still up higher elevations or I'm just in a bad area. It's my first rifle mule deer hunt. Any thoughts on how I can switch it up and find some bucks? Any help would be great.

To the jerks dragging all the trees down the 194 and leaving everything from bark to big logs scattered in the road I have nothing nice to say you.

• Like 2

Are they clear cutting up there? Ive been told there doing a lot of cutting and maybe logging around the Flag area. Hopefully they don't mess you guys up on the hunts.

This was just a diy woodcutting camp. Pros dont drag logs down the road in a side by. Just jerks who dont care about the road or mess or tire damage they cause to the guy not expecting logs in the road.194 and 786 to be exact.

• Like 1

I saw a bunch up there marking and surveying, hopefully won't cause too much trouble. But could make it tough to find animals.

• Like 1