coues krazy

kaibab archery

I will be going to the kaibab for archery this year, and cant decide wether to go on the first weekend, or wait until the following weekend. Do the crowds thin out after the first week, or does it matter?

The first weekend will be more crowded, but it's hard to notice because the second weekend there will be about as many people. The best time will be the week days after the first or second weekend. I scouted it twice this summer and there's some nice bucks around, but they seem to know when to hide. Good luck on the hunt!

So the weekends are going to be crowded the whole season. I will probably go up the monday after opening day and stay till friday. Its been a while since I have been up there, but it was a fun trip. Love that place. thanks ;)

:rolleyes:

I will be going to the kaibab for archery this year, and cant decide wether to go on the first weekend, or wait until the following weekend. Do the crowds thin out after the first week, or does it matter?

I have spent alot of time hunting the Kiabab and found that it doesn't matter what time you go there will always be alot of people hunting,pick you're poison and go for it, there is alot of deer and quite a few nick bucks up there, Good luck ,Happy hunting, I am only glad I won't see you this year... since i will be bull elk hunting instead.

Definitely avoid the weekends if you can and get as far away as possible from existing roads. I see more roadhunters in Kaibab than anywhere else in the state and have had several shots ruined up there by jacka$$e$ that think they can jump off of their quad and manage to hit a deer with their bow from 100+ yards.

I will definetly try and avoid the roads, even though I dont know of many areas that roads are not spaced out every 1/2 mile. Was wondering if the new burn area is closed to motor vehicles. If so one would think that would be a good place to try.

I will definetly try and avoid the roads, even though I dont know of many areas that roads are not spaced out every 1/2 mile. Was wondering if the new burn area is closed to motor vehicles. If so one would think that would be a good place to try.

I was in the Kiabab last month it was getting alot of rain everyday the burn area was open I didn't see any roads that were closed at that time, the burn is starting to green up so it might be a good place to hunt I saw a few deer near the highway in that area. so the are starting to go back in the area, if you decide to spot and stalk take along a pair of sneakys, they will make you're walking alot quieter.