I have been puting in for mule deer for the past six years in 39 and never got drawn. Our farm is in unit 39 and their is quite a hurd of deer. The problem we are having out in the area is that people (mexicans) that work in the area, are killing them left and right, and we havn't been able to catch them in the act. I don't bow hunt, yet, but there are 4 really nice bucks that are regulars in the fields in the morning and evening. There are 3 good sized hurds of atleast 30 plus that G&F for some reason can never get on survey. I would like to see if any of you would be intrested in hunting these mullies. There is one huge 4x5, 2 4x4s and one 3x3. all four of those deer have really nice racks and stout bodies. I have been drooling over them for the past few years! I would much rather a fellow hunter be able to take the deer not a bunch of poaching corn holes! :angry: :angry:

I used to hunt down in that area about ten years ago, but haven't had the chance to get back down there. It was very good for varmit hunting at one time. I wouldn't mind coming down during the javelina hunt in January and help you out. David

Is there a difference in Mexicans and Illegals ?? And if so, which one is doing the poaching?

I have been puting in for mule deer for the past six years in 39 and never got drawn. Our farm is in unit 39 and their is quite a hurd of deer. The problem we are having out in the area is that people (mexicans) that work in the area, are killing them left and right, and we havn't been able to catch them in the act. I don't bow hunt, yet, but there are 4 really nice bucks that are regulars in the fields in the morning and evening. There are 3 good sized hurds of atleast 30 plus that G&F for some reason can never get on survey. I would like to see if any of you would be intrested in hunting these mullies. There is one huge 4x5, 2 4x4s and one 3x3. all four of those deer have really nice racks and stout bodies. I have been drooling over them for the past few years! I would much rather a fellow hunter be able to take the deer not a bunch of poaching corn holes! :angry: :angry:

i drew a 39 tag this year and have never hunted that unit could you be more specific were your farm is.

i drew a 39 tag this year and have never hunted that unit could you be more specific were your farm is.

i didnt realize how popular e lurking is. even though sunsetfarms offered.. posted this topic this morning, new registered user at 825, posted at 835 wanting info. to many people want info behind the scenes by scanning posts and a far lot less people offering the information to help out. anyway, hope you get somebody to tag one of the bucks, is there still good coyote hunting down that area near the farm? been trying to get out and wack some

I am not about to give out this info to just anybody. I have worked hard the past 6 years on getting lot of my fellow farmers land available to hunt. We have watched the deer hurds grow over the years and just hearing that they are being poached is very upseting. We run a tight ship and over the last 4 years we have been working with G&F and their Ranch Access program. It has really weeded out the rift raft and make some great friendships. After my sixth year of not getting drawn I tryed my luck elsewhere and got luckey this year.

Who ever asked about the coyotes, there are alot of them out and about, but most of them are going to be very challanging. I havn't been drawn in six years so you do the math!

Thanks to those that have responded. If you just joind looking for a quick idea, your looking in the wrong spot!!!!!!!

Ben

The thing I love to hear is that there are still good deer below the ditch. Everytime I hear about or see big bucks that aren't on the Kiabab I get a charge out of it. I'm not gonna offer to help you with your problem, see if you can find some youth hunters to get after them.

Donnie

i understand not wanting to share info like and i didnt mean to offend you by asking. but with a report like that you cant blame me for trying. it is still good to hear there is big deer down there, thanks.

That is great to hear about the bucks in our "backyard" ;) Keep tabs on 'em for the future, but nobody should hunt them until the late hunt or the draw hunts....archery is closed in that unit on the first season. Thanks for the update on the deer herds around there! JIM>