Sign in to follow this  
TVickers

Hunting in Unit 36B

As many times as I get stopped or followed by new border patrol agents, you would think so. I even had the helicopter stop to check me out this year.

Lee

ICGrey Ghost--

Here are some possibilities if you fear for your camp being looted--as I do. I have the Nov tag also and I may stay at the Caballo Loco RV park as I somehow drew a 37A javelina tag. I have stayed at the Universal Ranch RV Park too--it is good also and Jen Taylor (camp host--if she is still there) says they never have problems with illegal's. I may stay there and bag a deer and then relocate into 37A later.

http://www.freewebs.com/wildhorsecc/

http://www.universalranch.com/index.html

http://www.go-arizona.com/Arivaca-Lake-Campground/

Good Luck--

BOB

We will be camping on Wise Mesa and heading west on horses from there. I will be in a white Ford F350 sportin a coueswhitetail.com sticker, pulling a three horse slant. Hopefully if I camp out in the open the illegals will less likely want my stuff. But that was a good idea to leave some gifts out for them so they don't break in. See ya all out there...

i'd buy a forest service map and find an area that doesn't have any roads going into it.

Sad to say, I picked up the Sierra Vista/Nogales Ranger District F/S map. I have used F/S maps for more years than I care to remember covering almost every western State. This is without a doubt the sorriest excuse for a map that I have ever seen. By a good magnifying glass to go with it.

Better yet--invest in a computer mapping program of your choice. I have both All topo Maps and topo USA. National Geographic is excellent from what I hear also.

Good Luck--BOB

i'd buy a forest service map and find an area that doesn't have any roads going into it.

Sad to say, I picked up the Sierra Vista/Nogales Ranger District F/S map. I have used F/S maps for more years than I care to remember covering almost every western State. This is without a doubt the sorriest excuse for a map that I have ever seen. By a good magnifying glass to go with it.

Better yet--invest in a computer mapping program of your choice. I have both All topo Maps and topo USA. National Geographic is excellent from what I hear also.

Good Luck--BOB

I went to that ranger station on a Saturday and they were closed. I'm still looking for one of those maps. I do have topo USA on my computer and GPS so I 'll be fine. Thanks for the advise...

Tom

Good Luck--BOB

I went to that ranger station on a Saturday and they were closed. I'm still looking for one of those maps. I do have topo USA on my computer and GPS so I 'll be fine. Thanks for the advise...

Tom

Tom,

This is where I get a lot of my maps--http://www.publiclands.org/home.php?SID= They have decent prices and fast service. It is neat because it lists all of the maps you need for a specific unit. The other alternative would be the Ranger station --as you tried or pay the xtra $$$ and go to Wide World of Maps.

BOB