Sign in to follow this  
WarrZone

The Hunting Experience

Hey all - I've never been big game hunting (went rabbit hunting a few times) and I don't know anyone who does hunt. I would really like to just get out there and experience what it's all about before I go out on my own.

Would anyone be willing to take me along with them on a hunt? Turkey, deer, elk, doesn't matter to me. I promise I would be a good helper and wouldn't complain about a thing. I'd even bring whatever supplies necessary if need be.

I fly fish a lot in Unts 22 and 23, so I am somewhat familiar with those areas if that helps at all.

I know in the fly fishing world most people, at least in AZ like to go solo, so if that's the case for hunters, I understand. But if anyone needs a partner or just wants to show someone how it's done, shoot me a message I'd really appreciate. Or even if anyone just had some suggestions how to get started hunting, that would be really helpful as well.

Thanks,
WarrZone

• Like 1

What kind of hunting are you wanting to get into? Archery or rifle? Lots of great country all over AZ and good hunting opportunities to be had year round. Where are you located?

I'm open to both. I have rifles now but I've also had experience with shooting bows when I was younger and still enjoy it. I'm more interested in a spot and stalk style of hunting. I currently live in Chandler. But I go up near Payson quite a bit. I'm actually going up there this weekend to camp and fish. I'm going to try and spot some elk if I can figure out what I'm doing. Canyon Creek area.

• Like 1

I'm open to both. I have rifles now but I've also had experience with shooting bows when I was younger and still enjoy it. I'm more interested in a spot and stalk style of hunting. I currently live in Chandler. But I go up near Payson quite a bit. I'm actually going up there this weekend to camp and fish. I'm going to try and spot some elk if I can figure out what I'm doing. Canyon Creek area.

If spot & stalk is what you are interested in doing. I would suggest picking up a OTC archery tag. A lot of the time thats how I cover and learn more areas in whatever unit I happen to be in. Once you find game you start to become familiar with where they feed/bed/move around that certain area. If you don't get a OTC tag, just grabbing your pack and heading out to scout for the day can be good. It will get you familiar with the area you would want to hunt, come the fall general deer hunts or whatever hunt you put in for. PM me if you have any other questions.