Sign in to follow this  
ofdscooby

Alamo fish reports

Hey guys it been years since I fished Alamo and am having trouble finding any kind of current fish report. I live in San Diego and have a buddy that really wants to head out there this fall. We used to camp and fish out of a bass boat but he would like to try it with a tube are there roads that can access different areas to get on some fish. If you need to we can trade ocean info for bass info I have a ton of guys in my circle of friends that ocean fish constantly. Thanks....

This is the most recent from Game and Fish;

SOUTHWESTERN WATERS

ALAMO LAKE
Sept. 22 report: The lake is at 4 percent of its 15 percent capacity (1,078 feet). Water temperatures are in the low 80s. Alamo Lake State Park reported decent largemouth bass fishing on in shallow water on the upper end of the lake. Anglers have been throwing top-water lures and brush hogs over points and in the backs of coves. Crappie fishing has slowed, but catfish remains a constant option.

http://azgfd.net/artman/publish/FishingReport/Fishing-Report-Oct-6-2016.shtml

In the fall - Nov. -- Dec. fishing can be tough -- we normally just slow troll shorelines with small cranks - pick up bass and when we hit the crappies - stop and try to find the school or at least turn around and go thru same area agin .

lots of places to tube fish on Alamo - we normally fish the West banks. coves / shorelines as this tends be the river channel side on the upper end -- with mostly shallower water along east side

best times are March - Apri for all spieces and hope to hit the shad run!

Thanks guys I apriciate I haven't fished there in 10 years but it was some of the best fishing I've ever had we always went around April. Great camp sites with power that we used to plug in the boat we would just pass out on cots and hope not to get trampled by donkeys which only happened once.

• Like 1