Yuma Outdoorsman

Fully Grown

Big orBust, nice comments. Sounds like You have some great fun. Good luck all...............BOB!

Unless he was within a mile of a different unit, I'd not discount that old wise buck changing his habits of activity.

I've hunted deer over 180" every year during rifle season for the past few years and have only killed a few. A few over 200" and some nearing 220" I've hunted. All southern AZ deer. I've seen them in the exact same area after the rifle season but not during even though the buck was there 6 days before rifle season....

That first quad noise or shot, I know it sounds standard BS, will change his habits overnight. 2 seasons a year at least for 7+ years (14+ seasons at least likely) will educate fast...

I'd hunt all day in the area you last saw him and adjacent "escape areas". Glass the flats literally all day in adjacent areas. Have you had the camera up at same water? If so, how often did he water and has he appeared at water since Friday relative to the amount of days between his normal watering habits?

He may completely bail but I wouldn't count on it. He's just smart. Unless you have backup deer, I'd keep hunting him.

Good luck -

Wow, where can I see some pics I love mule deer

• Like 1

Big or Bust,

Appreciate the insight. So This unit borders up to a wildlife refuge that gets very little pressure 2-3 miles off the nearest road. Where this buck has been hanging is literally right on the border of the units. With all the pressure of the road hunters, they pushed him into this wildlife refuge and nobody is there to push him back out. In previous years, we have seen deer get pushed up into the refuge and then in the next few weeks they trickle back down in this area. We have put in for the refuge in previous years but its not as much of a guarantee to get drawn as it in the unit I got drawn in. The 90 degree weather really is not fun to hunt in as well and the deer are not moving very much. We will see what happens this next weekend if I am able to make it out. Will keep you guys posted.

• Like 1