Sign in to follow this  
AZ_Native

Balls anyone? Rocky Mountain Oysters!!!

Come on folks, you all know you go out and spend all that time to harvest a nice buck or bull so you can get a hold of those dangling bull berries or buck berries. It's ok to admit it... :D

My favorite show on TV is Steven Rinella's MeatEater. I take as much of the animal I can, I keep the skull, keep the cape, etc... I am a bit of a foodie, so none of this is really a stretch for me, but I think it adds to the experience to attempt to use and eat as much of the animal as possible. This year, I decided to keep the, um, "dangling parts" from my Coues and my bull elk. Anyone have any good recipes for these? I know Steven Rinella has a book out with some recipes on the buck berries, but I am curious if anyone here has a good prep method and recipe.

I also took the livers as well. Cooked up my turkey liver earlier this summer, and that was pretty good. Now I have tons of Coues liver and bull elk liver... Throw out some ideas please! Thanks!!!

• Like 1

Some people get turned off by testicles. Not me though I'll try anything once! I saw the episode where he braised the antelope nut in butter. Looked ok to me.