Sign in to follow this  
KGAINES

No elk for me

My first elk tag went unfilled, got close a few times, took one shot and missed. We did see bulls everyday though and I had a great time, I just hope I don't have to wait this long for my next tag. I hunted friday opening day, did not hunt saturday morning (my son's second football game 32-0), hunted saturday evening and was there through the following sunday. I did see one rattlesnake tuesday night close to seven on our way back to the truck, it's dark my brother jumps and yells rattler, I say where, he says I don't know but I can hear it, at this point I realize that my ears are bad because I hear nothing, I see nothing, and my brother is hopping around with a light trying to find the snake, finally he finds it, pretty small speckled rattler about two feet straight in front of me, that snake caused our walk back to the truck to take three times as long a little over a mile and I checked every single step I took.

Congrats to all of you who took elk, it seems there are quite a few guys that connected. I have a deer hunt next month and then I can hope for another elk tag in the next few years.

Keith,

Saw earlier in the year you drew the 6aNorth tag. Great place to hunt elk! Glad you got into them and I'm sure it won't be that long before you draw again!

Good luck on your deer hunt!

AzP&Y

Doug