Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Patagonia Flathead

Well I was supposed to get our bows ready last night but momma wanted go fishin. She rarely wants to go when its cold but she felt lucky and who am I to argue so I jumped on the opportunity. So we packed up and took our youngest boy Enoch. It was a good night, saw two herds of antelope on the way, a few deer by the launch in the marina, a ringtail in the tree above us and a fox walking through the parking lot. Didn't even have time to sit before the last bluegill I cast out started winding out fast! I got my boy to help with the reel in 8.5 pounds perfect eatin size.

Wife and the boy, Super lucky to have a wife thats all in when it comes to hunting, fishing and eatin wild foods!

post-14299-0-15155700-1482616865_thumb.jpg

Me and the Eenie catching bait. The barbie rod hasn't let me down yet.

post-14299-0-91240000-1482616889_thumb.jpg

Enoch and his catch!

post-14299-0-12188900-1482616910_thumb.jpg

I've got plans for this guy... PF Changs Oolong marinated Seabass (Catfish), gonna throw some in the smoker too. Will post recipe and results probably tomorow. Merry Christmas! ( I knew that trick or treating bucket would come in handy )

post-14299-0-92696100-1482616934_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Yes sir, looking forward to it. My wives family did a shrimp dinner every Christmas eave which we've continued for the past few years. This year catfish and my wives Thai lemongrass shrimp soup are getting added to the mix. Tomorrow is a smoked ham, which I'm also looking forward to.

• Like 1