azryan

pics from scouting

Just some pics from a couple weekends ago

One of the areas at first light

OctoberScouting004.jpg

OctoberScouting005.jpg

OctoberScouting008.jpg

OctoberScouting006.jpg

A stinkin rattlesnake...I have never seen so many...I ran into 5 ...one was when I was walking into an area to glass in the dark..and no more then 5 feet from me one started to rattle...I have never been so scared in my life. It made me more paranoid about snakes then I have ever been...i was shaking pretty bad :lol:

OctoberScouting010.jpg

This is a little forky...cant tell in the photo since it is so blurry

OctoberScouting014.jpg

This is a pic of a spike

OctoberScouting015.jpg

Can you find the deer in this pic?(it should be very easy)

OctoberScouting017.jpg

Thanks for the invite :angry:

Just kidding man you are putting in your homework and should have a shot at a good buck come November

Thanks for the invite :angry:

Just kidding man you are putting in your homework and should have a shot at a good buck come November

I would have but you were up in 6A...helping people find small bulls :P :lol: ..jk they should have listened to you :lol:

The bucks are there nothing real big yet but that will change when I have the 15's on my doorstep by the end of this month :rolleyes:

Nice pics. Good to see that you are into the deer.

I know exactly how you feel with the snakes. I HATE rattlesnakes!!!!

Great pics...I would agree about the snakes. Couple of weeks ago I went out scouting with my brother and we ran into a 5' rattlesnake on the way in...the usual 1/2 hr hike to glassing spot turned into a hour hike since the grass was all knee high we basically couldn't see the ground or under the bushes, rocks on the way in...one of the things I hate about early season scouting...then of course there were the bugs when we were trying to glass...

had the same thing happen to me! when i saw the one snake at arivace, it took me about 45 mins to walk the 300 yds to the dang so my dad could pick me up!

Nice photos of the area. I hate snakes more than anything on this planet. I had one stand up about three feet in the air and strike at me. After I struck back it all set in. You would have thought i was struck as sick as it made me. I was hunting with two cousins at the time and they were wondering how they would pack my chuby but back to the truck if i was not able to get my leggs back under me. Oh yes i do see the deer it looks like it is the spike you have the close up of

That's some nice lookin' country you are in. The 15's will be nice to add to your hunting equipment and surely help to glass up some more deer!

I HATE RATTLESNAKES. I HATE RATTLESNAKES. I HATE RATTLESNAKES.

In the early season, I get boogered pretty trying to walk when the grass is high. If I see a snake, I'm pretty much done. I do the tail between the legs gig and get pretty freaked out.

I was just speaking with my dad about my uncle and cousin out scouting. I guess they came up on a big rattlesnake that had just started to devour a cottontail. They were checkin' it out for a few minutes and it had started to rattle. The scary thing is, my uncle could not here the rattle and they were right next to it! Now that's dang scary right there. With the old age, that frequency that the rattle is in can no longer be picked up in his ears :( :( :o :o Time to get out the gaiters I'd say.

I invested in some last year and have no regrets at all. Might think about getting a pair. If nothing else, at least you'll have a piece of mind knowing you have them on.