muledeerarea33?

doublers and triplers

I am thinking of getting a trippler but have a few questions. I know they tripple the power of the binoculars (as in the name) but can you only use them on one side? does it make it a spotting scope essentially? can you get two of them one for each side? Is it hard to adjust and does it stay clear? I am guessing it is only going to be as clear as the binos you have but does it make for a better site picture or worse? I am going to be using it on a pair of 10x leupold windrivers. I love these binos for the quick throwing up and looking but with my crappy eyesite and glasses I cant see very far with them and strain my eyes when glassing for long periods of time. or would you guys reccomend a higher power bino for glassing rather than getting the trippler. I know a lot of questions but I dont want to pay the money for something with out finding out a little bit about it

Thanks

Daniel

I would not recommend the tripler for glassing. It is designed to just help you get a better look at something once you found it in your binos. I think your eyes would be strained glassing through two triplers on your binos. You would be better off getting bigger binos for glassing if you really think you need the extra power. The tripler is designed to be a lightweight alternative to carrying a fullsize spotting scope around. But I don't think it can replace a good pair of binos for glassing.

Amanda

I am thinking of getting a trippler but have a few questions. I know they tripple the power of the binoculars (as in the name) but can you only use them on one side? does it make it a spotting scope essentially? can you get two of them one for each side? Is it hard to adjust and does it stay clear? I am guessing it is only going to be as clear as the binos you have but does it make for a better site picture or worse? I am going to be using it on a pair of 10x leupold windrivers. I love these binos for the quick throwing up and looking but with my crappy eyesite and glasses I cant see very far with them and strain my eyes when glassing for long periods of time. or would you guys reccomend a higher power bino for glassing rather than getting the trippler. I know a lot of questions but I dont want to pay the money for something with out finding out a little bit about it

Thanks

Daniel

Sorry, but that just made me laugh! :lol:

You definitely don't want to spend the money on two Triplers to do what you want to do. Like Amanda stated, the Tripler simply is to eliminate carrying a heavy spotter on long hikes. The Tripler is not better than a spotter, but it works good enough to leave the spotter behind if you plan on hiking far! For the money it would cost you to buy two Triplers, you would be better off looking for a good used "lightweight" spotter on ebay to get your 30X that you want, or just buy the one Tripler and use it with your Leupolds. best of luck

"I love these binos for the quick throwing up "

"Sorry, but that just made me laugh! "

Something hit home Jim :P

I have not tried either,

But those are words from the WISE

Mike

This made me think of Tyson's experience..........I know that if I saw what he saw through his binos, I would be throwing up too! :lol: :P

This made me think of Tyson's experience..........I know that if I saw what he saw through his binos, I would be throwing up too! :lol: :P

Good Point :lol:

I am sure a lot of the members will never be the same.

Oh CRAP :o There is a hiker :huh:

DON'T LOOK ETHYL :ph34r:

:lol: :P :lol:

Ya I Did :huh:

:lol: :P I know I shouldn't have brought that up..........my counselor advised me not to :lol: We need to bury that image and forget about it!!!!!!

I have the tripler. I got it for pack in trips. It is great for that. As mentioned above it does not replace a good spotting scope. If you can not pack a spotter to were you will be the tripler is a great setup to go along with the binos.