Sign in to follow this  
kazpilot25

Just ordered myself a new rifle

You have a 7mm-08, just curious why your going 6.5 ? Are they that different? Are you target shooting? I have no idea here.

That is like saying "You have a rifle, why do you need another one?".

Pure blasphemy.

I have a .260 Remington and a 6.5 SLR, and planning my third 6.5 rifle now.

It can make perfect sense to have several rifles in the same or very similar chamberings. They may serve entirely different purposes. One may be a heavy target rifle and another a lightweight hunting rig. At one time I owned two .308 rifles One was a heavy barreled 700 the other was a L1-A1 , an inch pattern FN-FAL. They were both .308 but were definitely not interchangeable.

Sportsman's avondale had a couple hells canyons in awhile back.

You have a 7mm-08, just curious why your going 6.5 ? Are they that different? Are you target shooting? I have no idea here.

Yes, they are very similar. I just love my Tikka and probably won't ever get rid of it. I also have had several 6.5 Creedmoor rifles and love the inherent accuracy of the round. I built an AR10 on that round and could cover 5 shot groups with a dime. Sold that, now it's time to replace it with a bolt gun.

Sportsman's avondale had a couple hells canyons in awhile back.

Browning just released the shell's Canyon Long Range, which has a 26" barrel as opposed the 22" on the speed version. That's the one I'm after.

Also, I'm a dealer so just waiting to get one from one of my distributors. I don't like paying retail anymore.