Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

The 36B Experience

OK, coueswhitetail.com and all readers, here are a few notes from our 36B experience:

First, a great big thanks to firstcoueswas80 and out2hunt, they helped me out tremendously with pointers on the area, thanks to both of you for your help.

Second, what a beautiful area you have to hunt and enjoy the great outdoors, the morning and evening hours were excellent, hot during the day, but what the heck.

Third, where in the H3ll did you get those gigantic grasshoppers from, plus my wife had an 8" centipede just about crawl up her leg. I have a theory on that if nobody has a good answer for me.

Fourth, we found deer with minimal preseason scouting, we could have done a much better job in this department but just to far away to be feasible. We had a blast chasing those critters around and we came up empty handed but it wasn't due to lack of effort.

Fifth, I was very disappointed in the trash in the wash (Diablo Mt.), took over 200 pics during my mid-day activities and want to send them to every congress, representative, senator, govenor, Pres. of the US........my 10 year old who was hunting with us is very confused about what we saw down there. Left a pretty bitter taste in his mouth as well as mine.

Thanks again for sharing your kneck of the woods with us.

Jeff

good story sounds like you had a good hunt the harvest is not always that important. I am heading down next weekend in the same area, I had no time to scout this year so I going to wing it.

Good luck down there Ultra, maybe it will cool off a little and increase your odds. I love getting out there so much just to be out there is a blessing. Making the kill is icing on the cake that didn't really need any icing to be good anyway.

Another thing I forgot to mention..........when in the heck did we decide to start posting our d@mn freeways in kilometers.....??? More southern influence going on here than the trash in the wash!!!!

congrats on having a great time in the field with the family! Wish the big one would have stepped out for ya,next year maybe.Thanks for leaving one for me!All the best redneck!

By the way thank you for your help with unit 10. Unfortunately the deer just wern't moving,so we went and found em! At 985 I spotted a horizontal line and it was over.I picked the area apart with my 15x45 ziess and there he lay! What is he doing? Laying on his side with head under a bush moving back and forth. 25 minutes later he arose and with my leica spotting scope could not believe my eyes. Check the date---late october and this buck still had velvet hanging off the back side of his right antler!!! 45 minutes later the friend I was guideing put the hammer down on him with the trusty 270 at 246 yards. I left my digital back in my truck at camp on the charger so the only picks are caped and back at camp.I will post pics and attach them with the buck I am going to shoot in november!!!! OH YA 24 wide by 183/4 tall 4x4!!!!He was taken about 6 miles northeast of the first tank you told me to try to sit over.Pm me for the name of the ridge!!Later redneck

Good to hear you guys located a buck, two years ago there was 6" of snow on the ground and gates had all been padlocked to the area we were going into. So we had to hike a mile and a half in the snow just to get to our glassing area.

The heat is defintely a tough thing to battle.

That area is exciting just because of the "possibility" of a huge buck, any place, any time.

Here is the monster that we found :blink:

Dang it, I'll get the photo up in a bit....@#%$##^&^ computers....