Sign in to follow this  
mulie hunter

Youth hunt on North Kaibab

The youth hunt on the Kaibab was a success, we saw alot of happy kids with deer.Our Kids filled 3 out of 4 tags.post-940-1194852835_thumb.jpg The top photo is my son with his deer.Bottom photo, AZRHD's son is on the right, on the left is Andrew who was on his first ever hunt, now his Dad, brother and cousin who went along , are all hooked on hunting, and can't wait to get thier chance to hunt!! AZRHD probably has some photo's to post.[attachment=5445:100_2501.jpg]

I want to thank the ADA for an awesome youth camp in 12a, they did a great job!!!!

post-940-1194852924_thumb.jpg

I was working with Game and Fish at Jacob Lake station this past wkn, I'm sure I saw you guys around, seems like everyone had a great time up there and thanks to ADA for the free food as well!

BIG congrats to the young guys on the hunt! I'm glad that you guys got into some good action. There is NOTHING like getting-out with the young ones!!!! The cow and doe hunts are a great way to get them started.

Also glad that you enjoyed the camp. The Buckskin chapter of the ADA always does a great job of hosting up there. It's really the flagship of the youth camps that the ADA hosts each year. Locals; Roger Hoverman and Rich Leightner are the real force behind that camp, along with lots of good local help. Thanks for recognizing their efforts!

My son and I didn't bring home his first deer, but we had a GREAT hunt as well. He got some excitement, and defintely got a good taste of 'buck fever' on a couple of occasions. I knew he was hooked on hunting already, but his first big game hunt definitely solidified it!

Kudos to you and your party on a great weekend!!!

S.

:)

post-1403-1194886956_thumb.jpgpost-1403-1194886997_thumb.jpgMulie hunter and myself took our kids and several others with us to the rim for their youth hunt and as he stated 3 out of 4 taged. This is my sons second deer in three years. We have been telling the kids how great the north rim is and they said it is better than what we said, and I guess words can't tell it all. I want to thank those that put on the youth camp, our kids really enjoyed it as did we. A lot of work went into it and there seemed to be a great turn out.

I was working with Game and Fish at Jacob Lake station this past wkn, I'm sure I saw you guys around, seems like everyone had a great time up there and thanks to ADA for the free food as well!

You probably did, we checked deer in on Friday night and again on Saturday afternoon.