Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Digiscoping newbie questions

I was sitting on a great patch of land in 21. I just got the Vortex bino's and wanted to try them out.

As luck would have it, three awesome deer stroll in. I tried to get some vid (Iphone 5s), but the usual "No space available" came up.

The next morning I got a 7 Plus 128. Ok, so I want some decent video in the future, and I'm thinking of digiscoping.

When I use the 7 with the Vortex binos, it works out. I hold it up to the eyepiece and I can see what it's looking at through the phone- no problem.

When I use it on the Simmons Spotting Scope I get literally nothing. I'm picking up a Phone Skope in a few weeks when the lifeproof adapter for that phone is made available.

I guess my question would be, does this technique work with some optics, and not others?

I did manage to get a few pics- to the point where the wife gave the ok for a new Double Bull Deluxe :)

FOV is the difference between binos and spotter. Almost impossible to freehand a phone on a spotter. The phonescope will help in that aspect.

Good to know. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Spotters work very well but as WHT just said, you need an adapter to hold it steady and to be able to focus. It is also VERY easy to make your own from an old phone holster and a cheap scope cap.

post-3913-0-49339500-1494610400.jpg