tommat

No Coues this time but...

Had a good time despite the heat and the crowded conditions in 34A. Glassed 4 bucks..1 respectable. Couldn't close the deal on any. One of the highlights was picking my 6 year old up at the bus stop after school on the quad and riding out to glass for the afternoon. He was always ready. Of course he would only glass hard for a few min but played quietly while I looked. I could always remotivate him with glance at a doe through my binocs.....here are a couple of pics for you to enjoy of our next generation at work...only 3 1/2 years till his first jr couse hunt......Those familer with 34A will recognize the mountain in the background of shot #1. I am a new member and have enjoyed the site, stories, and photos a lot. Hope you all had a safe, enjoyable hunt. See ya out there for the December bowhunt.

post-2234-1195582656_thumb.jpg

post-2234-1195582706_thumb.jpg

This is a shot of last years since I wasn't a member didn't get to share.....the pose is sort of funny as it was a self portrait and the hill was really, really steep. It was also a lot cooler last November.

post-2234-1195583366_thumb.jpg

Hey neighbor, what are you doing in my glassing spot of Fagan? :blink:

I go back their all the time on the quad, I live right down the road. Send a P.M if you ever want to

hook up for a ride.

Thanks for the pics and story.

Welcome to the site and enjoy the years with the young'n

Nothing better than time in the field with kids.

Mike

Hey neighbor, what are you doing in my glassing spot of Fagan? :blink:

I go back their all the time on the quad, I live right down the road. Send a P.M if you ever want to

hook up for a ride.

Yea thats a neat hill....we glassed up one doe and 4 hunters that night.....

I will be going out there soon to do a little scouting for the December archery hunt.

Did you see the fire on Fagan last year? I wonder if it improved the feed this year?

I will be going out there soon to do a little scouting for the December archery hunt.

Did you see the fire on Fagan last year? I wonder if it improved the feed this year?

Thats a good thought...maybe after we get some rain....I know it burned up good on the west side. Don't know about the east.

I also live right by Fagan. I bet our kids go to the same school. I have seen some decent bucks in that area over the years. I have also seen lots of hunters :( I shot a Mt. lion on the other side of Fagan in Feb. Good job last year and better luck next.

Aaron