Sign in to follow this  
bigsky2

Coues/Javelina Unit Advice

I am from Montana and my girlfriend will be doing her pediatric residency in Tucson for the next two years. I have always wanted to hunt coues and javelina with a bow and was hoping to do some hunting when I go and see her this winter. I am more so looking for good populations of both species rather than trophy quality. I have been doing some research and the units I am looking at are 34B, 35B, 35A, 34A, 32, 33, 36A, 36B, and 36C. Can anyone that is familiar with these units share some info on them? Are there any reasons why I should avoid any of these units? Feel free to PM me, any advice is much appreciated.

All those units have good populations of deer and pigs. Go to the AZFGD website and click "Where to Hunt" it sounds simple and dumb, but as stated on here numerous times its a great place to start. Hunt apps are due in October for the Spring/Winter hunts so if you are planning on hunting pigs and deer in January you need to enter that draw. Units closer to the border will have more illegal drug runner activity. You can go to http://gis.azland.gov and turn on the land owner overlay and see if land is private, BLM, Nat Forest, State, etc......... Good Luck!

• Like 1