Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ernesto C

Almost that time again

Guest Ernesto C

Is almost that time again,the time to head out to the wilderness,some of us to the forrest some of us to the lower deserts.The time to be one with the coues the time to be one with our selves.The time to let out that passion,waiting time,preparation and our love to hunt and being in the great outdoors.

Do you guys remember the awesome hunt storys that our fellow members share with us last year? Do you guys remember those exciting moments,pictures that Scott Adams share with us?Remember that bacpacking trip that Amanda took in freezen conditions?How about the great adventure that Bret M (bullwidgeon) live?The succes of 300wsm,Craig Holmes?Do you remember the succes of Josh Epperson and Treestandman? Do you remember the thrill of Mike's hunt?(Remembrant)

Yes I remember very well. This guys are awesome!! The thrill,suspense and emotions they make us feel were completly exciting! Like if we were hunting with them,they keep us glued to the monitors,we were waiting for them to keep us posted with their hunts.Wow unbelievable,do you guys remember?

Who is going to write the next book of great and exciting storys this coming October? How about November? And most desireble December hunt?No,of course I'm not leaving out the January archery hunt.

To all of you my fellow members I wish you the best of the blessings this coming hunting seasons,take care and have fun,don't forget your cameras take plenty of pictures'we will be here waiting for them but above all waiting for you.

God bless.

Ernesto

You should have been a football coach. The only guy's that could pump me up like that was my coaches. I am ready to go slay a coues buck. The only problem is that I have to wait tell november.

2 1/2 weeks to go and I am there. I cant hardly wait.

one month to go. good luck to anyone with October hunt.

Memories of past hunts start creaping into my mind at all times of day. Looking at old maps and ground walked. Start wondering how much it will be the same yet how different and exciting each hunt is.

2 weeks for me too!! Our whole hunting party(The family) can't wait!

:ph34r:

Well Dec 17th is about 2 months away.

I sure hope to have a story to tell. It is always fun planning and looking the maps over.

Been keeping an eye on this site ever since I found out about it.

This is a great site with some great guys hanging around.

Lots of info on alot of units. Except the one my son and I drew .... unit 23 .... thats the one with NO DEER in it. Or NO INFO for non-residents.

Oh well, I'm sure we will enjoy the backpack trip anyway.

Good luck to all you guys and be safe. Have a good hunt.

Edited by muskeg

Guest Ernesto C

Muskeg I know you and your son will do good and that you will have a great story to share with us.

I personally do not know unit 23 because if I knew it I'll be helping you already but any way good luck to you and your son.

I have the Nov. hunt in 36c but I will be helping friends in Oct in 36c and 36b in Dec. I truly love this time of year, been shooting my rifles getting the old confidence level up there. READY TO GO!.....is it time yet?........how bout now?

Ernesto,

I have a hunt in Pikes County, Illinois in mid November (archery) and I will be able to harvest 2 deer (whitetail,during peak of rut). 1 buck and 1 doe, the only thing is I have to remain in a treestand for 8-10 hours. That will be an adjustment for me I am use to sitting on my booty and glassing off of my tripod with Fujinon's 15x60's. My guide was telling me that the average shots are 15 to 30 yards but at steep and straight angles. Have been practicing at all different angles. I will be with my brother and 2 friends one who is Dean Lippert. I am looking forward to this and the day can not come soon enough. Hope everything goes well and I will try and post some pics. Best of luck to all of you guys.

Arizonabowhunter

Well, I pulled a real stupid thing off about two weeks ago! I was tryin to get my old jeep runin and I had my son cranking it over! it wouldn`t keep runin so I figured it was probably the fuel pump. Well I think me and Lark must of grew up around the same kinda Dads because I got out the old gas can and promptly filled up a folgers coffee can with gas and proceeded to spill a little bit into the throat of the old carbolator! Well it worked real good for a while then the dang thing backfired and blew gas all over my right hand, arm, even my pants. Heck, I was a human fire ball for a while. It took me a while to get all them flames extinguished! then the darn air cleaner ignited and my jeep was on fire too! Well when we got all the fires out, I had managed to burn the crap out of my right hand! I missed the opener of our Ca. Archery deer season and I found out wiping my butt with my left hand just doesn`t work as good, at least for me anyway! Well now everthing is healing up niceley and I got an Oct tag in unit 32. I am really looking forward to it. I am going archery hunting this weekend though and we`ll just see what happens! The way I figure it is "Ya never know what might happen when you get your butt out after em'' I hope you guys are as '' fired up" as I am this year. Talk to ya later

Coues Addict

Guest Ernesto C
:ph34r: You have not started hunting yet and you already had a nice story for us coues addict, not exactly what we had in mind but who cares?hope you are in good shape now and remember don't forget your camera.

I'm kettin excited. Just got back from scouting and saw about 30 deer. Two nice 90 class bucks and about 14 bucks total. Still lookin for the 110. That was just glassing between about 7:00 and 9:00 in the morinig. 10:00 and they were still out feeding. man I wish the deer would move around like this during the season. Couple more weeks. The big guy is in there some where.

hey couse addict, stay away from me. you sound dangerous. you should know to always have your wife dump the gas into the carbonator. after all, she shoulda been the last one to rebuild it anyway. sheesh, these californy guys. you probly don't even make her clean fish niether. Lark.