Sign in to follow this  
Buckwheat893

Help aging buck

He does have a Roman nose going for him I don't think 2-3 year olds have that???

Agreed, younger bucks seem to have long narrow snouts. I know this buck is at least 8+, most likely more. I have a shed from when he was a yearling that looks like it had been laying out there for a decade

He does have a Roman nose going for him I don't think 2-3 year olds have that???

Agreed, younger bucks seem to have long narrow snouts. I know this buck is at least 8+, most likely more. I have a shed from when he was a yearling that looks like it had been laying out there for a decade

You have his yearling shed? I'd like to see a pic of that!!!

You have his yearling shed? I'd like to see a pic of that!!!

Actually it turns out I have one more of his sheds than I thought, I have 5 total. A buddy of mine has a side from in between the 2nd and 3rd sheds in the lineup. Its easy to tell theyre all his sheds because he has a very unique set of Pedicles that have a raised part on the inside. The pic of all of them is In chronological order for everything I have off him, with the newest shed having been dropped in 2016. He is a floater and Ive found his sheds spread out over a fairly large area, no matches yet

post-15566-0-89789400-1508163715_thumb.jpeg

Yearling shed

post-15566-0-59016800-1508163734_thumb.jpeg

Left side bases

post-15566-0-02843300-1508163747_thumb.jpeg

Right side bases

post-15566-0-65464500-1508163758_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

He looks pretty old to me, probably 7-8 years. Just didn't have the genetics to get real big. Neat antlers though, he would still be a good buck to go after!