fobshooter

black coues deer

Casey I am shocked no body has told you this yet. I will because i know you have a Dec Coues tag. but in december coues deer turn black, So when you go out you should be looking for Black deer not the color you are used to. Man i hope i did not tick anyone off by sharing this info with you. :o

Really? what a good bit of info! I thought they were the grey ghosts! guess they are really the "sometimes grey,sometimes black" ghosts of the desert :D

Saw a white muley doe once, but never heard of a black one.

Good mission for you Casey: track down that mount, take pic, then post.

blackbuck_small.jpg

And you thought he was kidding...............

Melanism is a rare abnormality in deer but it pops up once in a while. This buck circulated around the internet a few years ago. I have more about melanism and albinos in my book (which is free if you can get someone to buy it for you for Christmas).

Sportsman's Warehouse has a black mountain lion (thanks to a little black dye)

JIM

That buck looks awesome. 2 or 3 years ago I saw a 4x4 mulie in the mid 150s that was off white not totaly albino, I would love to get an arrow in him this fall. I have also seen a doe mule deer that had huge spots looked like a antelope. Nothing black other than bears and slow moving elk :lol: .

blackbuck_small.jpg

And you thought he was kidding...............

Melanism is a rare abnormality in deer but it pops up once in a while. This buck circulated around the internet a few years ago. I have more about melanism and albinos in my book (which is free if you can get someone to buy it for you for Christmas).

Sportsman's Warehouse has a black mountain lion (thanks to a little black dye)

JIM

Jim,

I was going to quote an excerp from your book but decided to read the rest of the posts, glad I did. I did not know you were on CWT. I wanted to tell you I loved your book! Lot's of great info and very educational! A must read, huntner or not.

Thats crazy. That would be awesome to see a rare deer like that