Speedy

Maps showing all water sources?

Looking at air photos I can find a few water holes so I'm looking for a map that shows all of them. Are these all considered AZGF tanks or are there more than just those? Problem is most hunting maps are 100K scale so they are not much good as a topo map but one should be able to find water sources, but they only mention the AZGF tanks like this one:

http://huntmap.com/shop/viewcategory.php?groupid=3

Do the onXmaps chips for a Garmin GPS show all water features? Not cheap but they seem to have everything.

Currently there is no map showing all the water sources. By combining maps and chips you can get a bunch but many were written off many years ago. You will find a ton of the ones not on the maps by using google earth, you will even find wallows and temporary waters on google earth.

There are many types of water sources in AZ. Dirt Tanks, depressions, wallows, springs, creeks, rivers, G&F catchments, ranchers pipelines with troughs (some of the pipelines don't work and are not connected but the troughs still hold water), new and old Forest Service catchments (many hundreds of these, many don't work but still hold a little water after rains), even personal little small catchments throughout the woods.

Steve

• Like 1

Remember, theres lots of rock formations, lime stone catches, holes in the ground, that hold many gallons or tons of water. None are on maps since they werent named, documented, or known about. Hope this isnt a secret (it shouldnt be?) but if you get out enough youll find water that most dont know about.

I know of a water hole that weve swam in. I dont think others know it. I had a game cam on it for a year and no humans on cam. Its less than 200 yards from a road!

I haven't swam in a while... Where is it? When I said all are on onx of course there are some small springs and things that can be found but there is more water marked on them than any other I have seen. The overlay changes as you zoom in. Springs don't show up until you are pretty close. I think it is worth the money.