Sign in to follow this  
Red Sparky

Any Knife Collectors?

Anybody know any knife collectors or are are collector yourself? Here is the situation: My 65 year old B-I-L went into the hospital early to mid December due to the fact he was short of breath. They said he had a sudden onset of fibrosis in the lungs and would need a double lung transplant. They discharged him against his and the family wishes with O2 and a home healthcare nurse. Less than 2 weeks later he was admitted with a pulse ox of under 40, which they got back up to over 70 but has viral pneumonia and has been in a medical induced coma and ventilator for the last two weeks.

He was a big knife/gun collector and we are having to sell his knives/guns to put in a trust account for when Medicare/Medicaid runs out. I have researched the guns and the wife has a buddy who has a FFL to come take them to liquidate in the next 12 days. The problem is he has close to 1,000 knives that I could research but might get wrong. We need to get as much as possible out of the collection but do not expect to get full retail on everything. I would be willing to drive to have somebody look at the collection. Most are NIB unopened, Case, Schrade, Old Henry, Buck. here are a few pictures to show you kind of what I am talking about and I figure these are the most expensive.

post-13142-0-19073200-1515301642_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-72933100-1515301677_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-05595400-1515301732_thumb.jpg

The last two pics are of the same collection but it is too big for one picture.

Try going on BladeForums and see if anyone can help you out. Hope he gets better.

They mainly look to be Case knives go to their website the have a collector culture so you can also use that link

Contact this guy.

He's expecting contact from you, dropped a line to him.

Vincent Mazzei

Mobil Phone: (631) 786 - 3627

email: vmazzpaint@optonline.net

• Like 1

Thanks I am dropping a line to him now. The other nice thing is with most of the Buck Collectors Editions my B-I-L put receipts from when he bought them so I know how much he paid for them 10-15 years ago.

• Like 1