Sign in to follow this  
sea cowboy

Hunters Who Care Trash Cleanup

Hey guys, who is coming to the Fall Trash cleanup day? The last cleaup day we had over 100 people show up. This cleanup is going to be located at the corner of hwy 286(Sasabee Hwy) and Arivaca Road. It is on October 23 and will start at 7:00am. This is a great way to help out with the destruction of habitat that is going on down south of Tucson. All of the major agencies will be there: AZ G&F, Border Patrol, Buenos Aries NWR, State Land Department. There will be reporters from several of the Tucson News papers and television stations. Also this year 60 Minutes is supposedly sending a camera crew down so that they can do a story. This is a great way for you guys to give back to the sport you love so much...

Last year many guys showed up Friday night and camped out, it was a blast, with good food and good stories.

Please, lets make a good showing, so that the public will see that hunters really do care.

Post back here if you are planning on coming out

Lance Altherr

Man would sure like to except getting ready for my hunt later in the week will be leaving on the 26 or 27 oct. (36A).Hey if you see any nice bucks could you scare them to the east HA HA .Anyways that is totaly cool what you guys are doing.If it helps I always keep a clean camp,and always come back from the field with a back pack full of trash.Hopefully there will be the backing of my tag and an empty shell case with the trash in my pack.Have fun........................

I'll be there on the 23rd. We will be cleaning in 36A, 36b, and 36c if it is like the clean up in March. So scouting in 36a is a posibility while cleaning up. It should be a good time. I was in there today doing a little quail hunting. Shot 4 and boy was the wind scewing things up. Also there were a bunch of guys camped out at the corral at Bontimonte ranch. I quess they could not read the sign on the corral about not camping within 1/4 mile of water holes. If I hadn't been by myself I think I would have asked them about that.

Lee

I wish that I could make it down there. but I have a baseball game and then my homecoming that night. I cannot let my team and my lady down.