Sign in to follow this  
TwoGuns

Proposed rule change - no archery hunting in 1/4 mile of residences

I'm as avid a hunter as anyone (and more so than many), but I also like to see deer and elk hanging around my cabin. (Last year we had nine mule deer bedding on our place every day including three fawns born within 50 feet of our back door.) A few years ago two bowhunters drove up, jumped out and shot two little forked-horns in our front yard from that little herd. I was was not happy. There are thousands of acres of forest service land with deer so there is no need to hunt close to houses. 440 yards may be a safe arrow distance, but this entails more than safety. We are under attack from anti-hunters and it presents serious public image problems for our side.

Bill Quimby

• Like 2

As the population increases the percentage of idiots increases at a faster rate. Thus the need for more idiot laws. Bad for road hunters and people afraid of the deep woods.

How about for those of us that live near the verde river and hunt elk, deer, javelina, migratory birds, and bowfish? There are not many places that you can get 1/4 mike from a residence. This would outlaw all that hunting, even though it is safe and most private property owners dont care, or are hunters themselves. This is not an idiot law proposal.