Sign in to follow this  
tomgobbler

Polaris ranger 2006

My ranger hasnt wanted to start in the cold - so finally had a nice warm day - & went out & started it , so figured since I had it going ide run it down to a local guy for a little tune up -

This is the phone call I got .... sorry but the rubber boot on this has a crack & has been sucking in dirt & so your piston is shot , you have no compression ( only about 40 pounds , you should be at 90+) . Especially when its cold . When its warm it will get enough to turn over & run , but you need to have the head pulled & piston replaced . But the guy really didnt want to dive into that kind of a project , & Im not sure I do either .... short on cash at the moment ....

So any offers on a used ranger that has been great , I think Ive hauled 6-8 elk out with it , but one that needs the head pulled & piston replaced .... ( according to mechanic ) Im completely in the dark on this sort of thing .... if it were made of wood I could fix anything - but mechanics not so much .

Or is it even worth fixing ??

post-2728-0-89421800-1522446152_thumb.jpeg

post-2728-0-33208800-1522446235_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

I tried to message you but it wouldn't accept any messages.

So what year is it? What is the motor size? Is it fuel injected?

How much are you wanting for the ranger? I have another one on my farm in same condition pretty much... that has other issues... I'm thinking about getting this for parts and between them two making one. 480.500.8890 please call or text me, because this msg system here isn't the best. Location?