Sign in to follow this  
KidBowHunter

Good Survival Book

Hey, dont let it fool ya, I am educated! I have about 90% of a college degree... the other 10% is in progress, but on hold until i figure out if i make it into the USBP.

And yes I can read... In English and Spanish.

Hey, dont let it fool ya, I am educated! I have about 90% of a college degree... the other 10% is in progress, but on hold until i figure out if i make it into the USBP.

And yes I can read... In English and Spanish.

That's awesome dude! I'm just barely starting college.....did you grow up with spanish?

Tom Brown Jr. "The Way Of The Scout"

He has a whole series of these books, they are interesting to read, but to me they are very improbable and unbelievable. The movie "The Hunted" with Tommie Lee Jones was based on this guy. The books cracked me up at some points, but others are so out there that you call bullcrap, he has sold these stories well enough to have his own survival camps and training facilities.

tracker school

How about some of the Jon Krakauer books? Into Thin Air is an amazing story of a Mt Everest expedition that was tragic. And his "into the wild" is a very good book about a young man who goes to alaska to live on his own.

And "Touching the Void" by Joe Simpson is an absolutely amazing tale of survival.

Amanda

Have you seen the Movie, Into the Wild, yet? Pretty good, but not a lot of Alaska. Holds pretty true to the book though, unlike a lot of movies.