Sign in to follow this  
KidBowHunter

Good Survival Book

A great book I read is Far North, by Will Hobbs. It is a story of ultimate survival when a plane crashes in the wilderness.

A great book!!!!

Troy

Troy, if you like survival stories, another book you might like is Hatchet by Gary Paulsen. It is about a 12 year old boy who has to survive in the Canadian Wilderness after his plane crashes. He learns to survive by learning how to shoot a bow and arrow. ;)

darren

Hatchet is a really good book

I have read hatchet, :lol: brian's return, and brian's winter, which are all about the same kid in Hatchet.

Thanks for the suggestion though! ;)

Troy

How about some of the Jon Krakauer books? Into Thin Air is an amazing story of a Mt Everest expedition that was tragic. And his "into the wild" is a very good book about a young man who goes to alaska to live on his own.

And "Touching the Void" by Joe Simpson is an absolutely amazing tale of survival.

Amanda

all of these books are awesome, havnt read far north yet but will look into it, thanks

How about some of the Jon Krakauer books? Into Thin Air is an amazing story of a Mt Everest expedition that was tragic. And his "into the wild" is a very good book about a young man who goes to alaska to live on his own.

And "Touching the Void" by Joe Simpson is an absolutely amazing tale of survival.

Amanda

I have listened to Into Thin Air and Touching The Void on audio tapes from the library but haven't read them yet. I have into thin air but haven't read it yet.

Troy

If you are into survival then you need to start getting your hands on The Ron Hood videos. He is the top in the game of survival in my Book. He was the one they came to to help out with the Man vs Wild shows. He walked after the first one and said he would not help any longer. He did not agree with the way they portrayed survival on that show or the Survivor man.

If you are into survival then you need to start getting your hands on The Ron Hood videos. He is the top in the game of survival in my Book. He was the one they came to to help out with the Man vs Wild shows. He walked after the first one and said he would not help any longer. He did not agree with the way they portrayed survival on that show or the Survivor man.

Thanks for the suggestion!!!!

Troy

Here is the Hoods Woods site. http://www.survival.com/

They are good videos and will teach you how to survive. I have been into survival for along time. They have a forum that is full of good people that share good info as well.

Hatchet is a good one. I did a book report on that book just about every year I was in school.

Troy, if you like survival stories, another book you might like is Hatchet by Gary Paulsen. It is about a 12 year old boy who has to survive in the Canadian Wilderness after his plane crashes. He learns to survive by learning how to shoot a bow and arrow. ;)

darren

Hatchet is about the best book I have ever read. In all seriousness I love that dang book!

darren

Hatchet is about the best book I have ever read. In all seriousness I love that dang book!

YOU READ CASEY?!?!?!?!? :P Haha just joshin :lol: That's one of my favorites also.