Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

.17 Remington

post-2034-1199566212_thumb.jpg

OK, so here is the story.....a while back I told my boy I wanted him to make me a .17 Remington, always something I had wanted and he told me I was wasting my time....and advised me to get a .204. I already have a 22-250, but decided he was right....so the last I knew...I was getting a .204, maybe for Christmas....but to my surprise...he had built me the .17 Remington. Took the action from a .243 Mohawk and put a 20" barrell on it, nice and compact, easy to handle, quick, light, and man we smoked this poor dog, bowled him over. The hollow point factory load completly disentigrated in the poor guy, tore him up.

One small entry hole...no exit...dog down......looking forward to putting some rounds through my new toy.

My boy showed me a group he shot before he gave it to Santa.......three shots covered with a dime.....and it he claims he jerked on the third shot, the first two rounds were touching each other and the third was about 1/4" to the right.

I haven't put it on paper myself yet, I can't hold it that still anyway.

Course, with the bullet being so dang small you would hope you could cover it with a dime, but I was very happy with the way it performed...

My 10 year old shot it several times and asked if he could use it for javelina, he just loved the gun......is it legal for the little pigs??

It would sure do the job, I just don't know if AZ has a min. caliber law. I want to say that they don't, but not positive.

Sounds like it shoots really well, does your son know my Santa? Maybe we should introduce them :D

I believe its over 20 or 22 caliber

That's a nice lookng rig. It will be great for predators. It is legal for javalina, "center fire rifle". Good Luck

any centerfire rifle is correct. infact according to the regulations.....it would be legal for anything all the way up to buffalo. i wouldnt try anything bigger than pigs but it is legal. thought i remembered in the regs a while ago where it used to say centerfire rifle .243 or 5mm and above. but i sure as heck aint in there now. looks like a heck of a gun for predators probably would do wonders on a pig.