Genesis

Coues Quality Differences in North vs South Sonora

they usually have colder beer down south than them danged Nortenos... ya know, closer to the beach and all.. just been my observations of Sonora on my trips down there.. ;)

good question. Seems to me most of the monster bucks (like 140+) are coming from the northern part of sonoran, not too far south of the border. But perhaps more people are hunting those areas since they are closer to the border so more chance that eventually someone will whack a monster.

Amanda

I've been testing the waters in the southern portions and I know there are some monsters but it's generally very thick in most areas. I think in general you will stand a better chance at killing a really big deer farther north and you will see more deer in most areas farther north. On our southern ranch we averaged around 4 bucks per day and at least one 90" class buck per day with only one 110"+ buck seen in 5 days. In only 1 day on a ranch in the northern part, we killed a 105", saw 14 bucks, with 4 being 100"+ and one 110+ buck........in one day and we weren't even hunting hard! The rut was just getting started last week on my southern ranch and it was in full swing on the northern ranch, so I'm hoping this next week I can prove that you can kill huge bucks in southern Mexico.......just need a little more patience when hunting thick vegetation, but they are there ;)

P.S. When I say "Southern" I mean only 3 1/2 hours south of Hermosillo.......and about 1 hour NW of Hermosillo is "Northern" to me. ;)

I've been testing the waters in the southern portions and I know there are some monsters but it's generally very thick in most areas. I think in general you will stand a better chance at killing a really big deer farther north and you will see more deer in most areas farther north. On our southern ranch we averaged around 4 bucks per day and at least one 90" class buck per day with only one 110"+ buck seen in 5 days. In only 1 day on a ranch in the northern part, we killed a 105", saw 14 bucks, with 4 being 100"+ and one 110+ buck........in one day and we weren't even hunting hard! The rut was just getting started last week on my southern ranch and it was in full swing on the northern ranch, so I'm hoping this next week I can prove that you can kill huge bucks in southern Mexico.......just need a little more patience when hunting thick vegetation, but they are there ;)

P.S. When I say "Southern" I mean only 3 1/2 hours south of Hermosillo.......and about 1 hour NW of Hermosillo is "Northern" to me. ;)

Mexicans, any many others from the USA have been killing huge bucksin Southern Sonora & Northern Sinaloa for years & years. You just don't hear much from them. No cybor cares"

DH