Sign in to follow this  
280REM

Whitetail cape

Hi:

I ruined the cape on the buck I took in late December with a bullet across the neck. I am looking for the following:

One Coues Whitetail cape from a medium/large buck taken in late December to late January in southern Arizona.

My deer was a relatively large three point so spikes, forks and small threes will not be large enough.

A green, frozen cape that is NOT salted. I would prefer that the ears not be turned, lips not split and not cut up the back of the neck. My buck had a very thick salt & pepper fur and a swollen neck. The preferred cape should be long and extend past the deer's front legs.

If you cannot or do not care to cape the animal you harvested, just freeze it and I will offer to ship the entire head with mine and return the antler skull plate to you if you prefer.

Let me know if you think you can help.

Thanks,

280REM

I would try to contact a taxidermist and maybe they will have an extra one. But you gotta post pictures of your buck if you are wanting to get a cape :P

I am really a techno=phobe at this, but will try.

280REM

I think I have one in my freezer that has been tanned and ready for mounting. It was off an 85" buck. My taxidermist told me he charges $150 just for the tanning on a deer cape. I'll take $150 for it. I just need to go dig it up. I have about 10 capes I've been saving in that freezer.

OUCH! Hey Chris, I might take one off you for one I'd like to mount some day. Got one that had 4 3/4-5" type bases?

Mark:

I how do I reach you?

My cell #'s

520-349-1001

520-240-9802

Thanks,

280REM