Massey

W.T.B 300 win or 300 Wthby

Im looking for a 300 Win or wthby for my wife preferibly shorter rifle or youth stock. Please let me know if you are wanting to part with one Chris 928-853-6837

That's alot of gun for a Women and both would be to big for my wife. My wife shoots a 7mm-08 and has killed an Elk and Antelope with one shoot.

That's alot of gun for a Women and both would be to big for my wife. My wife shoots a 7mm-08 and has killed an Elk and Antelope with one shoot.

I agree AZ#1

My girls use the Rem#7 in 7mm-08.

They have taken elk, antelope, deer and javi's with it.

Great women/youth gun.

Mike

Bugle, that muzzle brake will make it nearly impossible to tolerate with out ear plugs, keep that im mind also. what about a 257 or a 270 wby?

thank you guys for the info. My wife shoots a 270 and a 300 rum right know and she much prefers the 300rum it rattles her cage but she loves it. it is just to long of a rifle for her in my openion. in regards to the break they are loud but thats what she wants!

C'mon, the guy knows what he is doing.....

You married guys should know, If mama wants it, mama gets it, cause if Mama ain't happy, no one is gonna be happy! :ph34r: :blink:

I totally disagree.... :P .... I like the bigger gun for the girls cuz of the knock down power. My wife has taken two good bulls, a Big Coues and a Carp with our 300 Wby mags. And Huntn coues, twin 13 year olds both wacked thier bulls with my 300 wby as well and both said that they loved shooting the gun!! As long as they have a break and a pad they are not bad to shoot! My longrange 300 wby mag. kicks less that my Dad's 243 win. and the lightweight 300 wby that I got from AZoneCam kicks less that my wife's 30-06 and she has quit shooting the 30-06 altogether because she trusts the Wby's more.....

BUGELIN.... I think that it is Awesome that your wife likes the big fire power!! My hat's off to her!! Good luck finding the right gun.

i have a .300 wthby i'd sell. its a weatherby mark V sporter with a factory muzzle brake, scope rings and an extra synthetic stock that go with it.i'd let it all go for $950.00.you could always cut down the sporter stock for your wife and save the synthetic to have when and if you sell it. p.m. me if interested.

thx, Wade

thanks guys couse n sheep spelled it out exactly the reason she likes the bigger calibers is for one shot kills, since she wont shoot over 300/350 yds that means there is no compinsation for yardage. the 300rum she shoots now has a break on it and with one shot kills the noise doesnt bother her. so i will just keep her happy shooting a big gun. wklman illpm you thanks Chris

You could look at a 300wsm which is not as big as the calibers you mentioned but close and you can get them in compact/light rifles; Rem Model 7, Ruger compact, Win 70 compact, Weatherby (lightweight models), Rem Alaska Titanium, etc.

Seems this guy wasn't looking for opinions - but leads. You bunch of know-it-alls :P

My old man has a 300 Win he might part with... lemme ask him before i say anything more.

You could look at a 300wsm which is not as big as the calibers you mentioned but close and you can get them in compact/light rifles; Rem Model 7, Ruger compact, Win 70 compact, Weatherby (lightweight models), Rem Alaska Titanium, etc.

Thanks I started out looking at the 300wsm but i keep talking myself out of one beings im set up to reload 300wthby and 300 win. but nothing set in stone yet. thanks again! Chris

Seems this guy wasn't looking for opinions - but leads. You bunch of know-it-alls :P

My old man has a 300 Win he might part with... lemme ask him before i say anything more.

I try to learn something new everyday so opinions never hurt to listen to. but your right couse sniper I sure would like to get her a 300 win or wthby! thanks for the reply let me know about your dads gun.