COOSEFAN

Got another mount back.......

Here's some pic's of my Mexico buck from last year. This one is my biggest so I wanted something a little different and had him mounted as a table pedestal and wanted his head tilted back, nose curled and teeth showin'. I think the taxi did a decent job, but having been best friends with a taxi (GTT) for alot of years I know what to look for. I should have had GTT do the mount to begin with but I've already overloaded him with all my other critters so I tried a new place out instead. It's crazy how some taxi's just don't care about what leaves their shop. It's usually just a matter of a few small details that can make a world of difference on the appearance of a mount. I know it's just commercial, "slam n' jam" style taxidermy, but you would think there should still be an element of pride in workmanship, especially on something custom. Oh well, I love this deer regardless how the mount looks and it does look good from a distance (especially after GTT fixed some things on it) ;) The taxi I took it to does very fast work and puts out a high volume of work every year, he is very professional and it was a pleasure dealing with him..........just keep it all in perspective and don't expect "show quality" work and you'll probably be happy. If you want "show quality" work, take it elsewhere and don't get upset if the taxi says it'll take 2 years........he probably takes his time and prides himself in what leaves his shop ;) Thanks JIM>

20080122009.jpg

20080122008.jpg

20080122010.jpg

Hey Jim, as you know I have been down the same road as you. I am glad I found a Taxi now that does take pride in his work and what leaves his shop. Overall Your Mount does look good. Congrat again on an awesome Buck!!

Jim,

I know that we had a thread last summer on CWT about the taxi that worked on your coues and my elk. Like you told me, "I'd be proud to have that coues in my house". Great Mexico coues buck!

AzP&Y

That deer looks scared! I guess it should've been havin' you chasin' it. Nice mount!

I never thought of it that way........... but now, thanks to you I will forever think he looks scared! :lol: :lol: :P

He does look better in person, the camera creates wierd angles and higlights, but the overall mount is not bad. I just stare at his massive antlers everytime anyways so who cares what the rest looks like ;) Thanks JIM>