Sign in to follow this  
Viper

Peep sight "verifier".....anyone use this?

So, my eyes don't focus so well up close anymore, which causes my pins to be a bit fuzzy. I really don't like wearing glasses while hunting. I have a verifier peep sight on order through the local archery shop to help focus my pins. Anyone use this? Opinions? Alternatives?

24 minutes ago, hunthard said:

Can you wear contacts?

No. I have some scar tissue in my right eye from RK procedure 20 years ago. It feels like I have a spec of dirt under the contact.

• Like 1

I’ve started shooting both eyes open and this made a huge difference, with the verifier it was fuzzy out at pass 10 - 20 yds.

Yeah, I do shoot with both eyes open and that helps...I can get by. Just trying to make improvements. I also have astigmatism in that eye, so I don't know if the verifier will help. It's a $60 experiment 😣

3 hours ago, Viper said:

No. I have some scar tissue in my right eye from RK procedure 20 years ago. It feels like I have a spec of dirt under the contact.

Dang that’s a bummer! Depending on your age they have another surgery available called ICL(implantable contact lenses) where they inject a contact into your eye. Every guy I know has better than 20/20 afterward and it’s like 48 hours to fully heal. Also, if your vision changes they remove them and put a different lense in. I hope to get this done this winter.