Coues Sniper

Best electronic caller???

Mike35,

ask your buddy @ the xpc how the multi club hunt went. there isnt anything wrong with mouth or elect. but those e callers really shine in a lot of areas. windy days, hunting thick cover, when you are out by yourself, pulling them out of cover, and being able to switch sounds. i have called more then i can remember with both and do enjoy mouth calls a lot but the advantages are pretty good with a ecall. its kinda like hunting archery or muzzy loader vrs. rifle. every one has there preferred method. i bet the reason for not getting may responses, is not from those predator hunting boards being anti electronic call, but more because that question has been asked more then a few times.

cgmartin,

I'll ask him next time I see him. I know they have another hunt coming up next month I think. As far as the e callers go, I definitely like the fact that you can divert the attention away from the hunter and towards the call, especially if you're hunting by yourself. I think the people on this site would give you alot better advice about those callers than the other site just because this site is better. ;) :P

yup, this site is better. ;)

o the xpc got whooped by the apc. they seem like a heck of a group though, i was at a camp out a few month ago with some of the member and they seemed like a great bunch of guys, where do you work with the member?

I'm an electrician for a company called Genelco as is he.

Mike , you should join there group, they are new and i am sure they could use some more members. if i lived closer i sure would.

just stay away from the cass creek calls. i have had stuff come in with them but dont really know how. they sound horrible and the speakers distort badly. I did use the varmint als calls on an mp3 player with the cass creek external speaker and it sounded pretty good. a friend of my dads still uses the tape player and the cone speaker and we have done pretty well with that. he has been using it ever since i can remember.

i agree dont waste money on the cass creek.ive tried only the cass creek electronic and never had any luck! if you wanna try an easy all around call i found that the a.p.jones j-13 brings in everything.its marketed for pigs but ive brought in yotes,a few foxes,and a bob cat with it.last weekend i called in a skunk at 250 yards so beee careful!!

cgmartin,

I posted that question at the varminthunters website. I have gotten some good information, just not as many responses, and everyone here always seems more willing to help ;). I'm sure the fact that some new guy comes on there twice a week asking similar questions is part of it too, but i did some searches and couldn't find much.

Does anyone know anything about Wildlife Technologies callers? Those guys sure like them. (So does Wildlife Technologies apparently at $850 a pop :o )

I've just never predator hunted much and figured an e caller would be an easy way to get into it, especially as i will be by myself some of the time. And i tried one my old man bought a few years ago and was very disappointed, so I'd like to get a good one.

Mike , you should join there group, they are new and i am sure they could use some more members. if i lived closer i sure would.

I think I might, he wants me to and asked me to come on their hunt next month.

I've used a Johnny Stewart cassette caller for about 13 years now and have called a lot of stuff in and it's lasted all this time. Johnny Stewarts are alot cheaper than many of the others, so I think it's worth a look. I know the new ones play multiple sounds at one time which could be pretty helpful. The one I have has a speaker extension and you can place the sound a long way from your location, just like having a remote unit. Good luck.

Been wanting to get an electronic caller for a while but haven't pulled the trigger yet because I'm just not sure which one to get. I'd like to get a nice one. Which in your opinion is the best one and why? What features are most important to you? Thanks in advance for the imput guys. ;)

Well I like the FOXPRO line of calls they have worked well for me in the past, I am just starting to call this next week due too having back operations in Dec. So i know if I still like them coming soon

AzTrapper

Ok I will chime in here, call the guys at http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/ and they will custom program the calls on a Foxpro that will work good in Arizona. They are hunters themselves and were located in Tucson before moving to Salt Lake. I have a FX3 and I plan on sending it in to upgrade it to the FX5 because I like the volume control knob on the remote.

Well I like the FOXPRO line of calls they have worked well for me in the past, I am just starting to call this next week due too having back operations in Dec. So i know if I still like them coming soon

AzTrapper

Thanks AzTrapper, and good luck on your hunt with that back!

Ok I will chime in here, call the guys at http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/ and they will custom program the calls on a Foxpro that will work good in Arizona. They are hunters themselves and were located in Tucson before moving to Salt Lake. I have a FX3 and I plan on sending it in to upgrade it to the FX5 because I like the volume control knob on the remote.

Yeah, they seem to have some of the best prices too. I think their price for a camo version is cheaper than the regular version on the foxpro website. The fact that they would recommend which calls to program in would help me out alot as well. ;) And that's good info on the FX5 vs. FX3, I was trying to decide whether or not the extra $200 is worth it.