Sign in to follow this  
scoutm

New LimbSaver® Barrel De-Resonator

I've been seeing these on more guns recently (in photo's and on TV) and have been curious as to whether they really work as advertised? Anyone have any first hand experience?

Their theory seems sound but does it really work when put into practice?

Thanks.

post-1361-1202499525.jpg

It seems interesting to me, but i've never used one. I was going to but when i started asking around most people told me it made no difference. The few people that said it did help, well, let's just say i considered the source and ended up not trying it ;)

I put them on both of my 300 Wby's last year.... not sure if they made any difference or not. :rolleyes: I did other work to those guns as well, so it is hard to tell. I can say that between the two guns they stacked up 3 one shot kills and no misses. :D I have a hunch that it helped on my lighter wieght gun and not so much on the heavier one... but that is only a hunch.... no proof. :D

I use one on my big gmee rifle. The gun already shot well and this tightened the groups a bit. I don't think it hurts you to have it, but probably doesn't make a poor shooting rifle a great shooter.